Help Worried About My Fish

Safiyah Khan
Hey Every one,

I currently have 3 red platy and two guppies in a 40l tank.

On it the red one has been present in as being unwell for a while. I tried a different types of things such as using Malafix but he doesn't seem to be improving and has lost top of his top fin. I'm not sure what to do about it. Also now my guppies keeps getting rips in his back fin and I'm not sure how. It happened once before and was growing back but now it seems to have happened again. I'm just a big concerned about them all. Also the red platy has a little white dot on his body. I have attached a photo of the platy. Please give advice.

Advertisement
Safiyah Khan
I don't see the photo... though it sounds like you could have some fighting in the tank? Do you know your water parameters? Ammonia nitrate and nitrite

It won't let me upload the photos says it's too big and I they are all with in range. I did a water change day before yesterday of 25%.

Advertisement
kayla.s
How long has the tank been running for?

Racing1113
What does in range mean? Would you please list the exact values?

How long has the tank been running? When did you get the fish? How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?

California L33
If you've got a Windows computer the app irfanview.com will allow you to resize your photos easily. Open the photo with it, then click 'Ctrl+ R' and select a new size then 'Save as'. Choose a number less than 2400 for the longest side. I find 1500 works well. It's still a large size so people can view, and rarely creates a file size so large that it can't be uploaded.

Safiyah Khan
How long has the tank been running for?

Has been running for 3 months. My guppy now and a red mark on him.

What does in range mean? Would you please list the exact values?

How long has the tank been running? When did you get the fish? How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?
NO3 25, NO2 0, GH 16.D, KH 15.D, PH 6.8, CL2 0, been running for 3 months. Have had the guppies from the begining but two past away and then the platy I got about 3 weeks after that. I do like 15-25% weekly water change.

IndigoTJo
I am also suddenly dealing with the picture too big / can not upload anything. I have tried everything but moving the pictures to pc and manually making them a smaller size. I can't seem to find a maximum picture size allowed on the site either. I am a little curious if something changed. I didn't change any settings on my phone until this occured, and I was uploading just fine about a week ago.

Just wanted to share in your frustration.

I am thinking there is some fighting, what are the sex of the guppies?

Racing1113
I am also suddenly dealing with the picture too big / can not upload anything. I have tried everything but moving the pictures to pc and manually making them a smaller size. I can't seem to find a maximum picture size allowed on the site either. I am a little curious if something changed. I didn't change any settings on my phone until this occured, and I was uploading just fine about a week ago.

Are you using the site or the app? I always have issues on the site but have yet to have an issue on the app.

Safiyah Khan

It's a completely male tank I just added it into to the website and sent a link

IndigoTJo
Take a screen shot of your picture, it worked for me. Someone suggested it on another thread.

The male guppies may be nipping at each other. I usually have 2 females for every male guppy, I haven't ever had just males. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
eliza4fish
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
Shiloh Keller
Replies
Views