Help with tiger barb fin rot?

CoronaExtra

Hello. I have around 20 tiger barbs and recently got some and I found 2-3 of my barbs have what appears to be fin rot. I have been monitoring them and I don’t see any aggression from barbs or nipping. I have a 55gallon planted aquarium with a fluval aqua clear HOB filter and two sponge filters and don’t have issues with water quality usually. I was going to start adding some aquarium salt but wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions

FishPlanet

I used aquarium salt for my fish. It worked

Upvote 0

FishPlanet

I put aquarium salt in my tank to prevent fin rot but when my three fish got fin rot, I put them in a 1 gallon bucket with aquarium salt. I kept them in it for a week-10 days and by then, they were cured.

Upvote 0

CoronaExtra

I put aquarium salt in my tank to prevent fin rot but when my three fish got fin rot, I put them in a 1 gallon bucket with aquarium salt. I kept them in it for a week-10 days and by then, they were cured.
So you added salt to your tank AND put them in a bucket with salt?

Upvote 0

FishPlanet

I now add aquarium salt to my tank since that seems to prevent sicknesses but before I started adding salt to my aquariums, my fish had fin rot. Since aquarium salt cured them, I started adding aquarium salt to my tank.

Upvote 0

CoronaExtra

I now add aquarium salt to my tank since that seems to prevent sicknesses but before I started adding salt to my aquariums, my fish had fin rot. Since aquarium salt cured them, I started adding aquarium salt to my tank.
Thanks for the insight. I added several table spoons of api aquarium salt to my 55gallon and hopefully it’ll help my tiger barbs. I might quarentine salt bath the ones who have it in future but for now the whole tank gets treatment

Upvote 0

FishPlanet

Thanks for the insight. I added several table spoons of api aquarium salt to my 55gallon and hopefully it’ll help my tiger barbs. I might quarentine salt bath the ones who have it in future but for now the whole tank gets treatment

Ok! Hope it'll work! Good luck!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Coptapia
Replies
Views
Tayler
Replies
Views
!poogs!