Help with tank and rummy nose

JRunyon21

I recently purchased a school of rummy nose tetras from my locacl LFS. When at the store they seemed to be swimming in the middle to upper range of the tank.

Before I purchased then I was under the impression that rummy nose tetras usually found it comfortable in the middle to upper range of the tank.

Why do my rummy stick strictly to the bottom of my tank? They are only 4 days new to my tank but still???

lew2000

What other fish do you have in your tank? I have a mixed community of fish - and my rummy-nose tend to school in the lower third of the tank, swimming amongst the plants. From what I have seen over the years, rummynose being smaller fish and not aggressive, they tend to school together and not with other fish - other people I know who have tanks say the same thing. They also tend to avoid gatherings of other fish/schools - especially when feeding.

angelfish220

how many do you have? do you have a full school (6 and up) or just a few (3 or so)?

lew2000

I have 8 rummynose, 6 tiger barbs, and 6 tetras - bleeding heart (variation), 6 dwarf gouramis, 3 rainbow, various corys/plecos, and other fish. yes all in a 55gal - with about 15x filtration/ mechanical/trickle filter/ bio-wheel - and the rummynose are fine and school through the plants. I've had this setup for approx. 2 years.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom