Help with Stocking for Possible 15g Fluval Flex?

AquaticQueen

Hey guys! I've recently been eyeing the 15g Fluval Flex at my LFS and was wondering if I would be overstocking by adding them all. I entered the stock list into AqAdvisor and it said it was fine, but I want to make sure. This is how I would like to stock it.
-1 female betta ( I'll have a back-up tank for her if things don't work out)
-5-6 neon tetras
-3 male guppies
I'm willing to do whatever maintenance required to keep them all healthy. The tank would be planted with hygrophila corymbosa, duckweed, and either christmas or weeping moss. Oh, yeah, and maybe a bit of driftwood. Opinions? Thanks in advance!

Natalie666

Hmmm, I would chose the tetras and leave out the guppy’s since guppies will most likely occupy the same surface level space the betta will be at. Since neons are susceptible to disease(not saying you shouldnt choose them, but they aren’t that hardy anymore) you may want to make sure you introduce them to a stable mature environment, make sure the school is healthy, and let them get settled before you get the betta. My favorite “little” tetras are ember tetras, they seem to be hardier and their coloration makes them look little little sparks. There are also a whole market of beautiful rasabora species you should look into! If you still like guppies/endlers though, I don’t see any harm in adding a few males after the tetras/before the betta and then seeing what happens when the betta is added. Worst case scenario, you have three personable centerpiece fish will a small school of tetras/rasaboras/whatever works and then a separate tank with your betta:)
Sorry if this is very long but as an added bit of advice that tank will probably be quite stocked. Make sure theres a lot of plant growth, adaquate filtration, and hiding areas!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GenF211
  • Question
Replies
Views
Netti
  • Question
Replies
Views
kansas