Help with stocking, 29 & 55 gallon

Ljayb2

Hi I have 1 red tailed shark 3 angelfish and 1 opaline gourami in a 29 gallon right now they’re all really young right now but I’m about to set up my 55 gallon tank I was thinking to leave the opaline gourami in the 29 and put the other fish with a leopard gourami and about 3 dwarf gourami in the 55 gallon or just 2 leopard gourami I and then add about 8 Corydoras another opaline gourami 2 German blue rams and maybe a molly or guppy to the 29 I’m thinking everyone should be fine but I’m open to suggestions if it’s a bad idea thanks

AquaticQueen

The water in the 55g will be a bit cool for the GBRs. How about swapping them out for a trio of peacock gudgeons? They are bottom/shell dwellers so make sure to provide lots of shells for them.
I would do at least 2-3 guppies or mollies, whichever one you end up going with, seeing as they are social fish.
Other than those things, looks good. Keep in mind though, it's a hit or miss when it comes to gourami and angelfish getting along, so make sure you have a back-up plan in case things go wrong.
You would probably want to keep the temperature of the tank at about 78 degrees F.
Hope this helped.

Ljayb2

The water in the 55g will be a bit cool for the GBRs. How about swapping them out for a trio of peacock gudgeons? They are bottom/shell dwellers so make sure to provide lots of shells for them.
I would do at least 2-3 guppies or mollies, whichever one you end up going with, seeing as they are social fish.
Other than those things, looks good. Keep in mind though, it's a hit or miss when it comes to gourami and angelfish getting along, so make sure you have a back-up plan in case things go wrong.
You would probably want to keep the temperature of the tank at about 78 degrees F.
Hope this helped.
Yeah I read a lot of stuff about how the gbr are hard to keep so I’ll probably pass on those but you don’t think the red tail would be aggressive with the peacock gudgeons I’ve also read a lot about how they hate other bottom dwellers and thanks alot for the help I will have a back up plan hopefully they’ll be nice though my girlfriend loves leopard everything so now that I’ve gotten into fish she wants a leopard fish to LOL
Haha never mind about the peacock gudgeons I’d never heard of them just looked them up I see that they’re not really bottom feeders they just like to hide

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ProudPapa
  • Question
55 Gallon Tank Stocking 55 gallon tank
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
JustAFishServant