Help With Sick Clown

Omarshabaz23
Can anyone help ID what is going on with my clown...got him about a week and a half ago and then noticed a small white area by his eye, it has grown over the week and not sure how to treat him..he is eating and swimming fine all water paramus are good, ph 8.3 amm 0 nitrite 0 phos0.02 nitrate 10.. I'll attach a pic, hard with a cell phone camera to get something clear, but hopefully you can see

Attachments

• 20180912_110839.jpg
    20180912_110839.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 125
BettaBeetlesandBugs
Looks likesomething’s wrong with his slime coat, but I’m not expert on saltwater and I just started.

Zentuckyfriedchicken
Potential fungus? Watch to see if it spreads. Try to qt him.

stella1979
Culprit Does this look like Brook to you? Omarshabaz23 - I don't want to scare you with bringing Brooklynella, a disease that is common in clownfish, but if it is so, you'll want to treat asap, and Culprit is the best one to help with that. I will not say this looks like Brook either, as I have never personally experienced this disease, so really don't know. Just want to get you the best help possible.

Culprit
I'm not sure... it looks more like a fungus with me. Some different angles would help a lot.

Here's a list of meds that would work. Pick the one you are the most comfortable with. I'd get him in QT and start an antibacterial treatment.

• Kanamycin (ex. Seachem Kanaplex)
  • Nitrofurazone (ex. Furan-2)
  • Nitrofuracin Green Powder (Great for treating “red sores” commonly seen on butterflyfish and some angelfish. It is also useful for healing wounds and treating ammonia burn.)
  • Triple Sulfa Powder (Good broad spectrum antibacterial medication; but IME can be harsh on certain fish.)
  • Erythromycin & Minocycline combination (ex. Maracyn 1 & 2). If you are confident it is just a gram positive infection, then API E.M. Erythromycin is a good choice.
  • For really bad infections, I advocate combining metronidazole (ex. Seachem MetroPlex), Furan-2 and Kanaplex to achieve a very broad spectrum of treatment.

Omarshabaz23
I'm not sure... it looks more like a fungus with me. Some different angles would help a lot.

Here's a list of meds that would work. Pick the one you are the most comfortable with. I'd get him in QT and start an antibacterial treatment.

Thanks, I'll try to get some better photo, it's hard with only a cell phone camera and him swimming around...it definitely started as a small spot and has progressed over the week..

Culprit
I'd definitely try to get him in QT with one of those meds. They'll be gentle, and it'll at least rule out a bacterial or fungus infection. Probably Seachem Kanaplex will be best and the easiest to get for you. If not, I'd try for Furan-2

coralbandit
If the kanna and furan don't work my bet goes to Brooklynella.
If that is the case you want formalin I believe.

Culprit
If the kanna and furan don't work my bet goes to Brooklynella.
If that is the case you want formalin I believe.

If its brook you'll want metroanzidole. Seachem Metroplex is perfect. It's waaayyy easier then formalin.

Omarshabaz23
Oh man, thanks for all the info..I'll have to scramble and get a QT setup these 2 clowns are the first fish so they got drip acclimated and then went right in...

Zentuckyfriedchicken
If there are no other fish or corals then couldn’t you just medicate in the tank? Correct me if I’m wrong.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
tjander
Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views
Sgdcover
  • Question
Replies