Not open for further replies.

Grod1025

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
IMG_2176.PNG
IMG_2167.JPG
Hello,
I got 3 of these boesmani at petco a couple of days ago. One is larger and brighter than the other 2. I'm a novice when it comes to rainbows, but it seems to me that the first one is a male and the other is a female. Am I right?

Thanks

Sarcasm Included

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I only see two males and the dominate male will always color more than the others. Females have very little coloring, but males have a distinct ridge that gives then a forehead and females are smooth transition from head to back.

OP
Grod1025

Grod1025

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thanks for the info...it looks like I may have gotten 3 males and no females then (the 3rd one is identical to the second pic).

kmorse

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm late to the party, but maybe you will still see this. I tried to have the whole at least 2 females to 1 male thing with my boesemanis, and my dominant male killed off all of his females one by one. I ended up going with an all male tank, and I haven't looked back. So if you still have these 3 boys and no females, you may want to at least consider sticking with it.

OP
Grod1025

Grod1025

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thank you for replying...unfortunately the dominant male decided to harass one of the others to death. He died within 24 hours of the start of the chasing. The dominant male is now happily living with one other. I'm still not convinced of that one is male or female. But everything is very, very peaceful-at least for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom