Help with Rehoming of Fish

kimsch1005

Hi everyone,

I am making a big move sometime soon (Montana to Boston) and I've been thinking about the logistics of bringing two tanks and two separate bettas with me.
Ive already been having trouble keeping up with two tanks since taking on a lot more hours at work and so I have come to the conclusion that the best thing for my second betta may be to rehome him.

I am looking to rehome him with his total current setup; cycled planted 13 gallon tank.

My question is, where is the best place to post about it to make sure that he goes to someone with knowledge about proper fish care? I will only consider rehoming him and his tank if I know for sure he is going to have the best life possible.

To reiterate, he is not neglected, I still do regular water changes but unfortunately, it just takes up too much of my time on top of a 60ish hour work week and my other pets, its simply not great for my mental health not to mention the stress he would be put under on such a long road trip for the move.

I hope I do not get attacked here for being a bad pet owner as I would love to keep him, however I realize that someone who has more time for maintenance and who doesn't live across the country could give him a better life.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and that I really just want him to live a long happy betta life.

Papasmerf73

No judgement. I have had success with Reddits Aquaswap, Facebook, or try your LFS. Good luck with the move.

PurityNWhiteRoses

I'd post on here. There are a lot of good people on here with experience. Too bad I live very far from where you are. I love bettas. :)

Motherlovebetta

Thanks in advance for your understanding and that I really just want him to live a long happy betta life.
There’s a Facebook (if you have it) group for re-homing fish. Seems like only fish people on there.

TClare

Or there will be a local Facebook group for aquarists, useful as people there are keen on fish and probably able to pick up.

Fisch

Nothing wrong with re-homing, I commend you on making the decision. I am sure you will find a good home for him

ForBettaorForWorse

Rehoming a betta isn't a bad decision sometimes. Sometimes you buy a fish for some reason, and it doesn't work out.

Debbie1986

check at your work if anyone wants him.

I gave a co-worker a betta for his kid ( tank, heater, filter, decor , food, water change supplies) and the betta is still alive doing well over a year now. His daughter loves the fish - named him Electric. Blue veiltail formerly named Loki

In my case, co-worker was broke and looking for birthday gift & mentioned he as in a tight spot. he lives in an apartment, so fish was a better pet option ( his words) than a dog or cat.

if it's free, you will likely find someone in your circle who will take him pretty fast.

kimsch1005

Thanks everyone for the advice!

I called a LFS which I love and believe takes really good care pf their fish and plants AND attracts really responsible and passionate aquarists. They have agreed to take the whole setup before my move if I am unable to find someone!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Platylover
Replies
Views
Demontay1
Replies
Views
sapphire
Replies
Views