Help with Prime

Discussion in 'Water Conditioners and Supplements' started by parvataneni, Apr 6, 2010.

1. p

parvataneni Valued Member Member

Hi,

Below are reading i took today and closing watching since 2 weeks now.

Current Readings:no Superbac added since last 8 days

Ammonia =1
    Nitrite= 5
    Nitrate = 5

Old Readings:when added and with Superbac Nitrifying Bacteria

Ammonia = 0.50
    Nitrite = 5
    Nitrate = 20

I am doing 50% water changes every alternate day, my question is if i added Prime to water now how long do i need to keep that water after adding prime , can i change water within 30 minutes after adding prime or do i need to keep that water after adding prime for longer period.

Thanks

Praveen

2. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Add Prime right after the water change. :)

Your nitrites are crazy high. Do you have fish, or are you fishless cycling?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  3. OP
    OP
    p

oops, Nitrate is 5 sorry missed typo ... yeah i have 6 Danios in it. i am feeding them every alternate. Acutally i think i am making mistake of adding prime to water first and then keep it for 30 minutes later do a change of water and add it to the tank ... does it make big differnece and hurt my fish ... should i add prime only after doing water change ?

Thanks

4. Prince Powder

Prince Powder Well Known Member Member

Add the Prime to the new water for your water change just before you add the water to your tank. Since you're cycling add enough to dose for the entire tank to help neutralize the ammonia and nitrite.

5. Meenu

I'm sorry, Praveen, I meant nitrites. I changed my previous post. Your nitrites are very high. I would personally do 2 water changes daily to help with that for a couple of days. And it really helps to not change the water 30 minutes after adding the Prime, as Prime continues to work for much longer than that.

Do your water change, and add the Prime during or right after. Do the same every water change.

6. OP
    OP
    p

Thanks Meenu and Prince
    I will follow the instructions, by the way to my surprise my danios doesnt like Frozen dried Bloodworms is it common, but they do like flakes alot .. is there any other food that danios like most.

7. Meenu

mine loved freeze-dried bloodworms soaked in garlic juice. They were little piggies.

8. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

try fasting them for a day and then try the bloodworms again, i've had to do that with a few picky fish myself

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice