Help With Pricing

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Builds' started by Chris Osborne, Sep 15, 2018.

1. C

Chris Osborne New Member Member

Hey all, need to sell my system. Any thoughts on what I should price it as? Everything was purchased new.Thanks!

150 Gallon Glass Aquarium 48"L 24"W 36"H

150 Gallon Protein Skimmer 530 GPH

Sump Return Pump 1050 GPH

Three Dual Head Wave Makers 3170 GPH each

Hydrometer with 12" Glass Tube and Stand

API Master Test Kit-Calcium, Carbonate
    Hardness, Phosphate, Nitrate

50 lbs Clean Dead Live Rock (ready to add to sump or tank.)

150lbs Live Rock

Digital PH Meter

Digital TDS Meter

Internal Overflow Box 1800 GPH

29 Gallon Glass Tank (for sump with 3 baffles)

Digital Thermometer

Three 300 Watt Glass Submersible Heaters

Two 24"x24" Hindged Glass Covers (full seal on top)

24"x48" 8 Bulb T5 Fixture

48"x6" 2 Bulb T8 Fixture

35 Gallon Heavy Duty Platsic Trash Can With Lid (for mixing and water changes)

Almost new 5 gallon Reef Salt Mix

Three 7" filter socks

New jars of liquid calcium, magnessium, purple up..ect

Phos guard, carbon, ph buffer, ect.

Roughly 80 pounds live sand

2"x3" magnet cleaner

Homemade stand rated to almost 8000 lbs.

Lots of other test kits, air pumps, hosing, filter media, ect.

Has a few fish that would come with it if wanted, or else I'll donate to lfs.
    Pair of ocelaris clowns, Scooter Blenny, Coral Beauty Angel, 4 Banggai Cardinal, 4 assorted Damsels,
    1 Fire Goby, roughly 60 blue legged hermit crabs, 7 emerald crabs, 1 Sally Lightfoot Crab, 4 Nassarius Snails.

Tank has been established for a little over a year. I havent added any fish for about 3 months and everything is doing fantastic.(my very first fish is still alive)

Also tons of Chaetomorpha Algae. Easily enough to fill multiple gallon bags.

A few small pieces of Pulsing Xenia in the tank, and one soft coral frag…(Branching Flowerpot I think)

Been dosing with purple up regularily and starting to get good Coralline Algae growth on rocks and glass.

2. Tanks and Plants

Tanks and Plants Well Known Member Member

IMHO the price is based on what you think is a fair price and what would you pay for if you were the consumer. Although everything was purchased “brand new” it is used now and you would never make your money back. If your trying to sell the whole lot you have to find someone who is looking for the same setup as what you have for sale. I think you would get a better price if you sold things individually. That’s just my opinion and I do hope you can get what you are looking for!

Good Luck!

3. Tanks and Plants

Tanks and Plants Well Known Member Member

BTW what kind of Ph tester do you have?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice