Help With Planted Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Plantpot, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Plantpot

Plantpot Valued Member Member

Hi I have a 200 gallon freshwater tank that I put java fern in but it's not doing very well, i've had the tank for about five years but I am just recently trying to grow plants. Also I am using easycarbo and prifito . I have changed my lighting recently to see if that improves things but so far not not seen improvements. Any help would be great thanks

2. Jamieson22

Jamieson22 Well Known Member Member

Pictures would help. What is happening to the java fern? Make sure you didn't bury the rhizome under the substrate - you usually attach to a rock/wood or just stuff it into a crevice to keep it in one place.

3. OP
    OP
    Plantpot

I attach them to rock and wood. I am also battling against bba I seem to have no problem with growing that stuff. Not sure how to add pictures will try to work it out and post pics

4. OP
    OP
    Plantpot

image.jpg

Attached Files:

5. RyleighJ

RyleighJ Valued Member Member

Do you use any kind of fertilizers? You could try adding leaf zone and/or root tabs to help keep the plants healthy. I'm not sure how much the root tabs would help considering the roots don't grow into the substrate, but definitely try leaf zone!

6. OP
    OP
    Plantpot

yes i use easylife easycarbo and profito, profito once weekly and easycarbo daily

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice