Help With Planted Tank

Plantpot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hi I have a 200 gallon freshwater tank that I put java fern in but it's not doing very well, i've had the tank for about five years but I am just recently trying to grow plants. Also I am using easycarbo and prifito . I have changed my lighting recently to see if that improves things but so far not not seen improvements. Any help would be great thanks

Jamieson22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Pictures would help. What is happening to the java fern? Make sure you didn't bury the rhizome under the substrate - you usually attach to a rock/wood or just stuff it into a crevice to keep it in one place.

Plantpot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I attach them to rock and wood. I am also battling against bba I seem to have no problem with growing that stuff. Not sure how to add pictures will try to work it out and post pics

RyleighJ

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Do you use any kind of fertilizers? You could try adding leaf zone and/or root tabs to help keep the plants healthy. I'm not sure how much the root tabs would help considering the roots don't grow into the substrate, but definitely try leaf zone!

Plantpot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
yes i use easylife easycarbo and profito, profito once weekly and easycarbo daily

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom