Help with Peacock gudgeon breeding

fishcrazy99

So first let me say I am having so much fun watching my peacock gudgeons try to breed, the male looks so beautiful when he flares. I am not sure if the eggs have already been laid, this morning it seemed like he was trying to nudge the female in but she wouldn't go. Then he started just chasing her away. Shes went in while he wasn't paying attention but hes also let the german ram go in. Bad parenting? I can't see the eggs but maybe they are too small or hidden inside the snail shell he chose (he ripped out all my Christmas moss last night to do it). I would like to try and rear some of the fry, will a 5 gallon be sufficient considering this is their first spawn it will likely be small? I can transfer them to my 10 gallon later but for now its quarantining a plant that likely has ich. Also would the fry be able to eat hikarI first bites? Is there a food I can buy that will work?

fishcrazy99

Anyone know about the fry food?

ThatGuppyGuy

The food really depends on the size of the fry. I'm not sure how big baby peacock gudeons start out but baby brine shrimp is a popular fry food.

fishcrazy99

I don't have access to foods like that so my options are commercial foods and infusoria

Similar Aquarium Threads

20 Gallon Tank Breeding Peacock Gudgeons
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
WagglePets
Replies
Views
MONSTER GOBY
  • Question