Help With Newborn Platy Fry

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by ThisIsMyFishHobby, Apr 17, 2018.

1. T

ThisIsMyFishHobby New Member Member

A few hour's ago my platy gave birth to 6 fry, they were originally in a 10 gallon tank, but I moved them into a pet carrier that sits inside the tank do to worrying about their behavior.
    They sat at the bottom, coming up for air, but would go back down to the bottom of the tank getting themselves stuck in the gravel, they simply don't seem active, even in the pet carrier, this makes me worried, so is this normal? I have been waiting for these little ones to finally come, so I'm very anxious that something is wrong.

The tank has a Heater, filtration, hiding places, floating plants, I just do not understand, yet this is my first time dealing with fry.

Help would be appreciated on this ASAP :)

2. Iverg1

Iverg1 Well Known Member Member

Keep in mind they were just born so thier a little unbalanced their first day or so. They should be fine tomorrow

3. OP
    OP
    T

ThisIsMyFishHobby New Member Member

Thank you, should I feed them today or wait a day or so?

4. Iverg1

Iverg1 Well Known Member Member

Feed them a special food just for fry because they have tiny mouths they might not eat it though if they don’t use a turkey blaster to get it out so it won’t cause ammonia

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice