Help With My Jewel Fish

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by sharon maguire, Apr 14, 2017.

1. sharon maguire

sharon maguire New Member Member

my jewel fish is lying on the bottom of the tank his tail fin seems to be curling round and he isn't eating can anyone help me please

2. Culprit

Culprit Fishlore VIP Member

Is your tank cycled? What are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings? How big is your tank?

3. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

Can you get a picture. A lot of fish go to the bottom when they are ill, it doesn't really give us much to go on. Sorry.

4. NavigatorBlack

NavigatorBlack Fishlore VIP Member

The first thing I would do is a 40% water change. I assume you've been doing at least 30% every week (if not the answer as to why is probably there).

Tank size, other fish - lots of questions before anyone can give answers.

5. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!

6. FishL:))

FishL:)) Well Known Member Member

Welcome !! :)

7. wapooshe

wapooshe Valued Member Member

Actually your fish may not be sick whatsoever! If you just recently placed him in the tank, It could be due to the dramatic change in water pressure from a bag to your tank. Since the pressure changes, the fish needs time to regain strength and become accustomed to the tank so that it can swim at ease. Your fish should be back up and swimming in a matter of no time if its due to the pressure! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice