Help with my guppy delivery!

jkirby
K- My Guppy (Bonnie) had babies on the 16th of October and now today I noticed that she was ready to deliver again so I was watching her all day. Well about 4 hrs ago I seen two yellow balls (eggs) drop out of her and she ate one so I put her in a 2 way breeder and she had about 6 more eggs pop out but did not have any live fry. Is she aborting or is this the beginning of a bad delivery?

I'm new to breeding of them I have a pretty good setup for just starting as I have a 10 gallon with 3 females and 1 male. A 20 Gallon for the fry and I have an 18 Gallon for the female fry and a 55 Gallon Grow out tank for the males.

Please let me know what is going on and any advice on how to know like maybe a day or two before the female is to deliver as to not stress her to much putting her into the 2 way breeder!!

Thank you in advance for your time.

Advertisement
RuanMaritz
I have no idea what to do I just think shes inexperienced and shell' learn I had the same thing happen to me but they were just in balls bu I maneged to open them up and everything was fine good luck

jkirby
Mine doesn't appear to have anything in them its like a yellowish see through ball. I only have one left she ate most of them even in the 2 way breeder cause they didn't fall through the crack. do you think this is some sort of abortion? she is fairly young I think this is only her second batch as she delivered last month I'm not sure about before that but she appears fairly young.

Aquarist
Good morning,

I don't think I would call it aborting, but premature births. I had guppies many years ago and sometimes instead of a swimming fry, a yellow ball would be birthed. A few minutes later, 2 fish emerged from the ball and all was fine. I was amazed.

Guppy births should be live fry and not eggs (as you probably know).

I don't think there is anything you can do but let Mother Nature take her course.

Ken

jkirby
Good morning,

I don't think I would call it aborting, but premature births. I had guppies many years ago and sometimes instead of a swimming fry, a yellow ball would be birthed. A few minutes later, 2 fish emerged from the ball and all was fine. I was amazed.

Guppy births should be live fry and not eggs (as you probably know).

I don't think there is anything you can do but let Mother Nature take her course.

Ken

Thanks Ken, I let the egg be nothing happened She still has a pretty dark gravid spot but nothing else came out so we will check again later.

Thanks again.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AugustV
Replies
Views
RedTailRookie
Replies
Views
Marzahtha
Replies