help with my copperband

joseph bendel

hey guys just got my CBB 7 days ago, he has not eaten yet and he will not eat anything in front of us, we tried mysis, brine, green algae and live blood worms. We have a powder blue that fusses with him when he ventures around the tank........he is staying up in the corner of our 190 gallon tank where the powder blue leaves him alone. Dont know what to do any suggestions on how to get him to eat? I even tried that garlic supplement as well............Nothing????? Help.

TFA101

Copperbands are usually very finicky eaters and base their diet on algae that lives on live rock, where they'll pluck as they please. The best thing to do would be to help recreate that environment. How? I'm not sure, but other users might be able to help

nemo addict

fresh clams they are very hard fish to get eating try turning the lights out for a few days this should help lower stress for him ,

joseph bendel

Thanks guys will try those suggestions. fresh clams are hard to find I'm in the middle of the desert.

dave141619

Copper Band Butterfly

I recently bought a CBB a day or so ago. Now I can't get me Powder Blue to come out from under rocks. He used to swim around like a maniac. What can I do ?

galvatron3000

hey guys just got my CBB 7 days ago, he has not eaten yet and he will not eat anything in front of us, we tried mysis, brine, green algae and live blood worms. We have a powder blue that fusses with him when he ventures around the tank........he is staying up in the corner of our 190 gallon tank where the powder blue leaves him alone. Dont know what to do any suggestions on how to get him to eat? I even tried that garlic supplement as well............Nothing????? Help.

I've tried 2 of those CBB's and both died. Sounds like your powder blue has been causing a problem and u might need to try removing the pB for awhile to allow the CBB to atleast start eating neither of the CBB;s I had lasted nearly as long as yours so there maybe some hope. Also, I'm not sure if this is for CBB but Tang Heaven Red has gotten my Naso to eat and he refused for 2 weeks and I tried brine, brown algae, green aquarium algae was refused until Tang Heaven Red, garlic soaking foods and none seem to work. I started Tang Heaven Red and the Marine Plankton dispenser the same day so one of them worked.Now the Naso devoured the green algae contained in my tank and rock work. https://www.ipsf.com/tangheaven.html

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • americanninja
  • Cichlid
Replies
Views
devilson
Replies
Views
richiep
  • Question
Replies