Help With My American Cichlid Tank

LavrniasTucker
this is my first time posting here but I need some help with my tank currently I have a 90 gallon aquarium with a Texas cichlid a convict (who has pared up with the Texas) and I have a fire mouth, a pleco, a jewel cichlid and a thread fin acara. would these fish be alright in the same tank I have had them in there for almost 5 months and the only time there is any issues is when the Texas and the Convict have fry in the tank

TexasDomer
Welcome to Fishlore!

A 90 gal is only 4 ft long, and you have some aggressive cichlids in there. I don't think it'll work out long term, especially when they're all adults, and I'd rehome some of the fish.

LavrniasTucker
what fish do you think will work together out of the ones I have an who should I move?

TexasDomer
Depends. What fish is your favorite?

LavrniasTucker
I like all of them but me and my 2 roommates are going in on a 125 gallon tank and I plan to move the texas and the convict to that one just got them to agree on it

RonJ
I personally feel you should actually wait it out and see. You are not over stocked anyway.

TexasDomer
You are currently overstocked behaviorally, yes.

What species is the pleco?

I still don't think a jewel, firemouth, and threadfin acara will work out long term. Jewels can be extremely aggressive. I would rehome it if you want to keep the other two cichlids.

LavrniasTucker
I have rehomed the texas and the convict to a 40 gallon breeder tank after finding my treadfin acara dead and I have my firemouth and jewel and my pleco(just a normal pleco) in the 90 gallon tank now I just need to figure out what I can put into this tank that I won't have to worry about being to aggressive to each other

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GlennO
Replies
Views
AcuarioAmazonico
Replies
Views
Pridedcloth3
Replies
Views