Help With My 2 Serpae Tetras In My 2.5 Gallons

mes5westies
Can you tell what types of Fish I could keep in a 5 gallons tank.
I bought a 5 G yesterday and I want to have only few fishes to enjoy. I don't want bettas.
Should I return the Serpae tetras ?

Neville
tetras r schooling fish so it is good to keep them in a group of 6 or more or else they may fight each other , 2.5 gallon is too small, I would suggest u to buy at least a 10 gallon tank if u can. there u can keep 6 serpaes.

Blub
Hi!

Return serpae - and go over to the Betta forum and spend a little time on there. You now want a Betta - so cycle your 5gal and get one!

Miker - the Dwarf puffers would rip each other apart, and there is no room for any other fish apart from a Betta, Shrimp, or a Dwarf puffer.

EDIT: What's wrong with Bettas anyway?

miker
Sorry. I mixed than one up when I was editing the choices.

EDIT
2. Dwarf Puffer - 1

COBettaCouple
You could put 3-4 Endlers in there, a Dwarf Puffer, 2-3 African Dwarf Frogs or a colony of cherry shrimp. I would return the serpaes.

Can you tell what types of Fish I could keep in a 5 gallons tank.
I bought a 5 G yesterday and I want to have only few fishes to enjoy. I don't want bettas.
Should I return the Serpae tetras ?

King_Snuggles
You could put 3-4 Endlers in there, a Dwarf Puffer, 2-3 African Dwarf Frogs or a colony of cherry shrimp. I would return the serpaes.

that's one of the choices not a mixture :;alien

angelfish220
I would recommend the endlers for a beginner. they are very pretty and colorful and stay little and are easy to keep.

Blub
Hi!

Either a trio of Endlers, A dwarf puffer, An RCS colony, a couple of ADF's or a Betta.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
skar
Replies
Views
VSA
Replies
Views
EricDRubin
Replies
Views