Help With Molly

Jrodr33

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

So since last week ive noticed my molly has not been able to swim very well and pretty much just stays in a vertical postition. The only time he tries to swim is when I feed him. He swims but in a wierd manner as if he is trying really hard to swim straight. After getting his food he goes back to a vertical postition nipping at the substrate.

Ive given him peas which seem to help him get ina normal position but then after a day or so he goes back to his vertical postion.

I have a picture so you guys can get an idea of what I mean. Im looking for suggestions as to what to do to help him feel better since he dosent look very happy at the moment.

Thanks
IMG_20180427_183943.jpg

-Sofia-

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Jrodr33 said:
Hi sofia,

Parameters Currently are
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-30
I perform 50 percent water changes each Sunday. I did some research on swim bladder disease but the only thing I found to help it was feeding peas. Currently the molly looks like he has no energy and is resting on the plants on his side, he looks awful.
This happend to one of my friends too, your parameters seem fine aswell. When did you get him?

Jrodr33

Valued Member
Reaction score
-Sofia- said:
This happend to one of my friends too, your parameters seem fine aswell. When did you get him?
I got my molly back in September and I started my tank back in August of last year. Did your friend ever find a solution?

-Sofia-

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Jrodr33 said:
I got my molly back in September and I started my tank back in August of last year. Did your friend ever find a solution?
My friend's Molly sadly did end up passing maybe you could try feeding a pea (without the shell) and see if it helps

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom