Help with Mollie Fish !

woodsplace1

Reaction score
ph coming down...thanks to all your advice...glad I read this and left some advice, then got some of my own...that is what I like about this site...learn something new everyday! appreciate it!

naomi_l5

Reaction score
hiya,

since my first post my whit mollie fish has just had babies - we didnt even know she was pregant just seemed a bit bloated but not acting different at all !!

i have about 10 in my tank at the moment and have tok the other fish out, my mum is in the middle of making a homemade net for them but i dont know what to feed them or if i should keep the mother in !!

thank you all !!!

woodsplace1

Reaction score
sure wish I could help you naomi...I am in the same delimma as well, my little molly is preg and about to deliver her fry. I have just as many questions as you do. I am pretty sure you will need to keep the baby away from all the adult fish until they can't fit into any of the adult's mouths...(apparently they will eat their own, ironic) you should put the baby in a breeder net or box and feed it very small amounts of fish food, (crumble up the food you have and feed it about 3 times /day) she will prob have more babies so keep an eye out, there might be some hiding out in plants if you have any...like I said, watch out for the other fish, they do eat the babies :'(
keep up the good work and congrats, can't wait until my little one has her own little ones as well!

naomi_l5

Reaction score
i know i was so excited only had them for a month !

i've had to put them away from them til i get a netbreader tomorrow - wasnt expecting it at all !!

wish me luck.... really going to need it !

wish i could help 2 !
x

vin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The easiest way to feed your fry is to take a zip lock bag and some flake food. Put a small amt. of flake food into the bag and crush it into a powder. Then, get a wooden toothpick and dip it into the water. Dry it lightly so that the tip is still moist. Dip the moist end of the toothpick into the powder and then into the water. This will dispense just enough food for the fry. Do this 2-3 times daily. If you can't do it 3 times, twice will do. They won't starve.

As they get a little bigger, you don't have to crush the food as finely.

Have fun and good luck.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Naomi 15 here are some articles to read that will clear up alot of your questions.

Let us know if you need anything.
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom