Help with heater? Temp too high

AutisticFishBlog

So I have a Jindun PTC 200 watt heater. I set if for 73, sh whenever the temp goes below that it starts heating, but sometime I notice my tank gets up to 76 degrees. I got the heater because I live in a colder climate and I wanted to stop temp fluctuations. What should I do?

Attachments

jkkgron2

AutisticFishBlog said:
So I have a Jindun PTC 200 watt heater. I set if for 73, sh whenever the temp goes below that it starts heating, but sometime I notice my tank gets up to 76 degrees. I got the heater because I live in a colder climate and I wanted to stop temp fluctuations. What should I do?
I would replace it. If the heater can’t stay at the temp it’s supposed to it can put the fish at risk if it ever overheats or doesn’t stop heating.

Fisch

You may want to get an interrupter, basically an additional temperature gauge that will shut off the heater when a set temperature is reached. If you know the temperature is 3 degrees higher, you can adjust the temperature on the heater accordingly as well.
Or get a different heater.

AutisticFishBlog

Fisch said:
You may want to get an interrupter, basically an additional temperature gauge that will shut off the heater when a set temperature is reached. If you know the temperature is 3 degrees higher, you can adjust the temperature on the heater accordingly as well.
Or get a different heater.
Thank you! My heater internal thermometer Is pretty accurate to my other thermostat, so I don’t know why it’s overheating? Do you have any good brands you like of the interrupter?

Top Bottom