Help With Heater For 40 Breeder.

Alan0823

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi, fish world I'm in need of advice I just purchased a 40 breeder what size heater is needed for that size tank and a Fluval Canister filter? All information would be highly appreciated.
1565819687126.jpg

Alan0823

Valued Member
Reaction score
How cold does it get where the aquarium will be?
In the winter time here in Ohio it can get 30 below sometimes depends on how the winter goes. Right now it's summer time and its been in the upper 78-90 so far.

Can I use 2 watt heater in a 40 gallon?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cichlidude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In the winter time here in Ohio it can get 30 below sometimes depends on how the winter goes. Right now it's summer time and its been in the upper 78-90 so far.
So the aquarium will be in 30 degree below 0 weather? You will not be able to heat it at all.

If that is not true, what is the lowest ambient room temperature the room will hit during winter that the aquarium is located in?

Last edited:

Alan0823

Valued Member
Reaction score
So the aquarium will be in 30 degree below 0 weather? You will not be able to heat it at all.

If that is not true, what is the lowest ambient room temperature the room will hit during winter that the aquarium is located in?
No it'll be inside my house of course I have heat inside where I'm living. The room temperature is 74 right now without the AC on everyday.

Alan0823

Valued Member
Reaction score
No it'll be inside my house of course I have heat inside where I'm living. The room temperature is 74 right now without the AC on everyday.
Room temperature during winter inside would be without heat 50 degrees. That's inside without the furnace on for heat?.

Cichlidude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here is the table to help with what size individual heater you need. Delta T is the difference from the lowest ambient room temperature in the room to your desired tank temperature. Always get a heater larger than you think you need so just round up to the next nearest size.

Heater Guide.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 62 66.0%

Top Bottom