Help With "healing" Plants

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Platylover, Apr 21, 2017.

1. PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

Hello! I just got some plants from an RAOK and they aren't looking to well, am wondering if I need to do anything extra. They are currently in a 10g(slightly crowded now...) with finex planted 24/7, the seachem flourish and flourish excel. Here are some photos-
    59a9e8a42a479fde69d958a4072c559a.jpg[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The last one is in a different 10g which doesn't have any of that currently. Another question I have is about my Anubis with the finex, it seems to be having trouble with the light and I was wondering if there's anyway to keep it in there, but not have the light affect it? I've thought about getting some floaters, but I'm afraid it might affect my jungle vals and other plants. I really would like to keep it in there if possible.Any help is appreciated!

2. sassymommaWell Known MemberMember

If the plants are fairly new, a period of "melt" is relatively normal, as the plant adjusts to your parameters. From what I understand, and I am fairly new to plants, so feel free to correct me....trimming dead or dying leaves will allow the plant to more quickly recover and thrive in it's new tank.

If you think that they may be getting too much light, you could relocate them to a shadier area of the tank, but otherwise, I'd give them a chance to settle in.

Oh....another thing that can have ill effect on some stems is water current- I have noticed that some don't like to be too close to the current of the airstone, bubble wand or filter flow

3. PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

I just got them today, so I don't think it'd be melt or at least not from my tank. Perhaps they were melting in the previous tank, is that what it looks like? I was thinking that some of it may have been from the shipping. I don't particularly have a shadier part, maybe I'll just get some floaters and try to stay on top of them. I'll keep that in mind about the current. Thank you!:)

4. sassymommaWell Known MemberMember

Shipping will have been stressful, yes. The roots look healthy though, so fingers crossed for a good transition :)

Melt, in my experience, looks like yellowin of leave- which them fall off. Or moneywort went dark green, and soggy-looking.

5. PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

Alrighty, thanks for the help! Hoping they'll transition well too, the leaves look a bit drupy, but hopefully they'll perk up soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice