Help with hatching fry

Willi1226

Hello

To start I’m far from a beginner I’ve kept angelfish, corys, and fancy guppies for 20yrs now. I successfully hatch angelfish eggs, raise guppie fry and oh yeah mystery snails from eggs also.have 7 different aquariums. 2 10 gallons w/bettas. Other 5 range from 30gal to 70gal w/ angels corys guppies. All have mystery snails.
Ok so I noticed my corys layed eggs in my 70 gal, in there I only have 5 corys 2 albino 3 regular corys. Idk who parents are. I saved the eggs with a credit card. Filled a 1 gallon 3/4 of the way w/ water from parents tank. Added a heater, set to 75f, used a 1 gal sponge filter and prolly around exactly 3 days I noticed a fry cruising around. So I thought” there hatching. Now 12 hours after first fry I got like 3-4 fry. And the other 60 or so eggs haven’t hatched. For the most part most seem good still. I treated water with methylene blue when the eggs went in.
Should all the eggs hatch at once!!!! My angels and mystery snail eggs always seem to at once???

FinalFins

Are any of the eggs Milky white? I don't think they hatch at the same time.

edit- and what species of cory you have? besides the albino ones?

Willi1226

Not milky white, they are whiteish beige. The methylene blue kinda turns the water a blue color so hard to tell. I honestly thought they were infertile they were layed in the current of my filter in my big tank. And the chances I got a breeding pair of the same kinda Cory is not good. Idk if albinos and reg corys can mate. But I do have some fry swimming around

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 67

FinalFins

Well if you could get a pic of the reg cories it would help on the parents. If you got albino and bronze cories, they are both the same species.

Willi1226

Yes by reg I mean bronze. I agree why not, they should be able to breed. I read a post that says they can’t but sounds dumb. I also read that to much water can drowned them, sounds false also there fish as long as water has airation there fine. We’re I’m from we had a hurricane years ago pretty bad but lost power for 2 weeks and I lost all my fish but the corys. So my 1 gallon jar filled 3/4 should be no problem.

FinalFins

Ok, then they are probably the same species, c. aneus.(is that how you spell it?)

Yes. Then you can transfer them to a larger tank .

NanaT

Hi!
Congrats on the cory fry!! They don't hatch all at the same time. Some will take a few days. I have only been able to keep the fry alive for 2-3 weeks (2 months ago) I kept them in a net breeder in the parent tank with an air stone, moss ball & a small floating amazon plant. I think the nitrates caused their demise since they got up to 40 with ph 7.0, ammonia 0, nitrites 0 & temp 78°. I also have bronze & albino cories. The albino fry were more cream colored and the bronze fry had dark heads (eyes). I have used methylene blue and shrimp to keep fungus away. Good luck!! I'm waiting for mine to lay eggs again.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Carolyn Johnson
  • Question
Replies
Views
barbiespoodle
Replies
Views
DanMk
Replies