Help with Golden Inca Snail!!!

Discussion in 'Snails' started by throwthesand, Jan 10, 2013.

1. throwthesandValued MemberMember

I have a Golden Inca Snail who is very, very active. His name is Bob(at least I think its a he) and he is usually cruising all over the tank walls and decor. But recently I've noticed him up by the surface, almost out of the water, and he's either eating or secreting some fluffy white stuff with clusters of little brown dots that look kind of like betta pellets, but way smaller.
    Should I be concerned? I'll try to get a picture but he only does it when I'm in a hurry. :( any help would be appreciated. He's definitely not dying because he moves around a lot. There is also a yellow antennae snail, two african dwarf frogs, and a betta in there if that helps.

2. NikitaWell Known MemberMember

From the sounds of it, your he sounds like a her. Bob is most likely Bobbett. Sounds like your snail is laying egg clutches!

3. throwthesandValued MemberMember

Wow... anything I can do to help them? Do you know anything about raising baby snails?

4. NikitaWell Known MemberMember

I don't have any experience with these eggs, but this might help you out:   (Scroll down a little and you'll find the info about the eggs).

5. throwthesandValued MemberMember

Tanks! I guess I'm going to have some more snails...:)

6. NikitaWell Known MemberMember

You're welcome! Congrats :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice