Help with fixing an old Fishing Rod.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlackNotebookTanks, Jun 13, 2016.

  1. BlackNotebookTanks

    BlackNotebookTanksWell Known MemberMember

    Hello all. I need help repairing an old Fishing rod. I've had it since I was about six, and its lasted my throughout the years. After having taken it out of the shed to check gear for a holiday, I've noticed the top eye (rung) is missing . I guess I could buy one and try attatch it myself but I don't really know how. I could use a combo of a soldering iron, super glue and then bind it with thread/twine? The Rod is a Kirkland YAD Professional Graphite Rod with a Surecatch B660. I love fishing, my knowledge on it however ... - I basically drop in a rig and pull up 5 Mackerel (master techniques ) - So I'm not actually sure what this rod is FOR... eh yeah... I can feel the cringe of the fishermen and women here already if y'all can tell me about my rod, and how to fix it/ advice on how to fix it that would be marvellous! Thanks!!

    But yeah, I basically need advice on trying to fix this boy as its been with me for so long.

    Pics of my boy!

    Thank you!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. Pikachu13131

    Pikachu13131Valued MemberMember

    You can probably order a new eye online for that model.soder should work to keep it on,but it might burn the might be better off just buying a new rod and attaching the reel to the new one.
  3. Rivieraneo

    RivieraneoModeratorModerator Member

    These don't solder on. You can buy a new rod tip kit that comes with glue that you heat up with a lighter, smear on the tip of the rod and push the new tip on.
  4. OP

    BlackNotebookTanksWell Known MemberMember

    I think that's my gest bet as I don't want to buy a new rod. Thank you!

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice