Help with fixing an old Fishing Rod.

1. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Hello all. I need help repairing an old Fishing rod. I've had it since I was about six, and its lasted my throughout the years. After having taken it out of the shed to check gear for a holiday, I've noticed the top eye (rung) is missing . I guess I could buy one and try attatch it myself but I don't really know how. I could use a combo of a soldering iron, super glue and then bind it with thread/twine? The Rod is a Kirkland YAD Professional Graphite Rod with a Surecatch B660. I love fishing, my knowledge on it however ... - I basically drop in a rig and pull up 5 Mackerel (master techniques ) - So I'm not actually sure what this rod is FOR... eh yeah... I can feel the cringe of the fishermen and women here already if y'all can tell me about my rod, and how to fix it/ advice on how to fix it that would be marvellous! Thanks!!

But yeah, I basically need advice on trying to fix this boy as its been with me for so long.

Pics of my boy!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thank you!!!

2. Pikachu13131 Member Member

You can probably order a new eye online for that model.soder should work to keep it on,but it might burn the rod.you might be better off just buying a new rod and attaching the reel to the new one.

3. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

These don't solder on. You can buy a new rod tip kit that comes with glue that you heat up with a lighter, smear on the tip of the rod and push the new tip on.

4. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

I think that's my gest bet as I don't want to buy a new rod. Thank you!