Help with Final Stocking for my 60 gallon

BristlenoseCatfish

Good Afternoon

After changing the stocking plan for this tank multiple times, this is what I think will be the final design, any help or mainly any sort of personal experience with these fish and if It would be an interesting aquarium to watch would be greatly appreciated.

The filters are a fluvial c4 and a sponge filter, and the tank is going to be heavily planted with a large piece of driftwood. (By the way the tank is a 48 inches long and 265l/70g it was a typo in the title.)

Current Stocking:
2x German Blue Rams
3x Congo Tetra
1x Blue Gourami
1x Siamese Algae Eater

Future Stocking (In Addition To Current Fish)
+2x Blue Gourami
+3x Congo Tetra
10x Zebra Danio
3x Bristlenose Pleco
5x Bronze Corydora's
8x Rummynose Tetra's(Are blue gorami to aggresive for them?)
1x Angelfish (Sort of a showpiece.)(I have read conflicting opinions on whether congos nip their fins.)

Thanks in advance.

Noroomforshoe

Hi how are you?
I think that congos angels and gourami would be a threat to the tiny rummy nose. Angels could eat them.
Angel fish and gourami are both territorial top dwellers, I suggest you choose either or.
Zebra danios swim from one side of the tank to the other with no regard to anyone's territory, I think they would stress out an angelfish too much.
6 blue gourami are more likely to get along than 3.
If you have more then one male bristlenose, you may have bristlenose that fight during the night. I suggest you try to get a male and a female.
I would get more then 5 cories, 8 plus would be great.

BristlenoseCatfish

Hi how are you?
I think that congos angels and gourami would be a threat to the tiny rummy nose. Angels could eat them.
Angel fish and gourami are both territorial top dwellers, I suggest you choose either or.
Zebra danios swim from one side of the tank to the other with no regard to anyone's territory, I think they would stress out an angelfish too much.
6 blue gourami are more likely to get along than 3.
If you have more then one male bristlenose, you may have bristlenose that fight during the night. I suggest you try to get a male and a female.
I would get more then 5 cories, 8 plus would be great.
Thanks for the feedback, since I already have the gourami I will stick with them, would a male and female pair work for the gourami, or is it better to have a school of fish?

I have an established 16 gallon tank, if I brought up the rummynose in their and then put them in the 70 gallon, would that work? If not what about black skirt tetra?

For the cories I’ll take your advice and get a group of 8.

Lastly, because I already have the bristlenose in tanks way to small for them, because o bought them when I was a beginner, I will try it and see how it goes. (I think I have 2 males, 1 female.

Noroomforshoe

Rummie nose get to 1.5 inches. I would never be comfortable putting a fish that is less than 2 inches in a tank with those much larger and more active species. I often hear about black skirt tetra being fin nippy, I have never kept them.
I just looked up the pleco thing to confirm , and they were all saying what I always heard. Pleco are very territorial, especially pleco of the same species, and the 2 males are likely to bump into each other even in a large tank, and they will fight, and it will be too late for you to see how it's going.

Gourami- I have always kept 2 or 3 gouramis, and there was only one time out of five that it did not work. I thought a large group was not a good thing with gourami, But other posters on this sight are recomending to keep them in a school. And they seem like they know what they are talking about. If I were to get gourami againg, I would do 7 or 8 in my 48 inch long tank. I think zebra danios would stress the gourami, and It might be best to stick with the four species, congos, gourami, cories, and bristlnose. as new additions,

BristlenoseCatfish

Rummie nose get to 1.5 inches. I would never be comfortable putting a fish that is less than 2 inches in a tank with those much larger and more active species. I often hear about black skirt tetra being fin nippy, I have never kept them.
I just looked up the pleco thing to confirm , and they were all saying what I always heard. Pleco are very territorial, especially pleco of the same species, and the 2 males are likely to bump into each other even in a large tank, and they will fight, and it will be too late for you to see how it's going.

Gourami- I have always kept 2 or 3 gouramis, and there was only one time out of five that it did not work. I thought a large group was not a good thing with gourami, But other posters on this sight are recomending to keep them in a school. And they seem like they know what they are talking about. If I were to get gourami againg, I would do 7 or 8 in my 48 inch long tank. I think zebra danios would stress the gourami, and It might be best to stick with the four species, congos, gourami, cories, and bristlnose. as new additions,
Ok thanks for your help, I’ll take your advice on the bristlenose and I’ll have to giveaway one of my bristlenose. I’m not sure about the zebras I currently have 6, and I had them with a gourami. But thanks for all your help.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
goplecos
Replies
Views
BristlenoseCatfish
Replies
Views
Miyyaro
Replies
Views