Help With Fertilizer Advice

Woodsman27

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I dont use any fertilizers in my tank, but seachem flourish has a good amount of iron in it and if you're not getting the results you want you can always add seachem iron later.

Mickiemas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I wouldn't order substrate as I'm in Jamaica and substrate would cost too much in terms of shipping.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Nilog Thrive or Easy Green is a great all in one fert that will help your plants along much better.( better than having to buy a bunch of individual bottles ) They have all the micro and macro nutrients needed. And as an added bonus if you add a couple root tabs ( depending on your substrate that will also help your plants.

Mickiemas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I dont use any fertilizers in my tank, but seachem flourish has a good amount of iron in it and if you're not getting the results you want you can always add seachem iron later.
My Ludwigia Repens are doing good altho a little light coloured but for some reason my sag is pale. I'm wondering if it's iron or something else. The sag are a little beat up by my juvenile goldfish and swordtails but I DNT think that's the reason y they are so pale
1566266911425.jpg
1566266938518.jpg

Woodsman27

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I see you have sand for your substrate. Sand is inert and hold 0 nutrients for your plants. Perhaps try root tabs as well as nilog thrive like mentioned by @kallililly1973 also have you considered adding a co2 system at all?

Mickiemas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I see you have sand for your substrate. Sand is inert and hold 0 nutrients for your plants. Perhaps try root tabs as well as nilog thrive like mentioned by @kallililly1973 also have you considered adding a co2 system at all?
The Ludwigia are striving but I've also added dirt below the sand a few days ago I DNT thing the roots have taken a hold in the dirt yet. I also added some green pro tabs but nowhere on it does it say anything about iron.
There is also diy co2 running. I've seen alot of growth on the Ludwigia since adding the co2 even on the crypt wendtii red but the sag somehow is lagging. It sends out a lot of new shoots but little growth

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom