Help With Female Betta Id Help 

newbettaboy12345

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I finally got another betta 2 years after my last one died. I got my first ever female, but i cant seem to ID her since i dont have any experience. Can anyone please help me figure out what kind of betta Angel is ? Thanks!
IMG_3770.JPG
IMG_3769.JPG

Also, on a completely different note, she doesnt seem to wanna eat the pellets i got her. Shed mouth them but spit them out

Tidal Wave Crab

Reaction score
That looks like a platinum white betta (colour type). Also, she may not be eating because she is new to the tank and is stressed. Try giving her some time and doing anything to lower stress. You could also try giving her some treats like bloodworms.

newbettaboy12345

Valued Member
Reaction score
From the LFS near me!
She was advertised as a golden salamander but im not sure how accurate that was

Does she look stressed ? I dont know how to tell aside from finage clamps

Tidal Wave Crab

Reaction score
She does not look stressed that is just on possibility, in fact she looks very healthy. The most likely reason ,I forgot to mention is when a betta is fist introduced to a new tank, they need time to adjust to their new environment, so it is very common for a new pet betta, not to eat their food at first. After some time, She should begin to eat regularly.

newbettaboy12345

Valued Member
Reaction score
Tidal Wave Crab said:
She does not look stressed that is just on possibility, in fact she looks very healthy. The most likely reason ,I forgot to mention is when a betta is fist introduced to a new tank, they need time to adjust to their new environment, so it is very common for a new pet betta, not to eat their food at first. After some time, She should begin to eat regularly.
Alright thanks! Glad to hear it

Last question, can anyone give me an estimate of how old she is? Is she fully grown, a juvenile ? Im afraid i cant tell on my own

Tidal Wave Crab

Reaction score
It is hard to tell exactly how old a betta is but there are ways of making very close estimates. First look at the size of your betta. The average size for an adult is 3 inches. Also older bettas can have small tears or rips on the edges [but your fish does not have this] also older bettas do not move around much. So based on this, your fish looks middle aged because she is not too small so she is probably not a juvenile and she does not seem old for she does not have roughed fins and she appears to be pretty active in the pictures. Also from the pet stores, the bettas being sold are usually about 6 months old. Bettas colours also become more faded as they get older and are more vibrant when they are juvenile [but it is hard to tell with a platinum white betta]. I hope this helped. :]

blue velvet keeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
newbettaboy12345 said:
From the LFS near me!
She was advertised as a golden salamander but im not sure how accurate that was
i am not sure if golden salamander is a betta strain but i am laghing hard right now

newbettaboy12345

Valued Member
Reaction score
Tidal Wave Crab said:
It is hard to tell exactly how old a betta is but there are ways of making very close estimates. First look at the size of your betta. The average size for an adult is 3 inches. Also older bettas can have small tears or rips on the edges [but your fish does not have this] also older bettas do not move around much. So based on this, your fish looks middle aged because she is not too small so she is probably not a juvenile and she does not seem old for she does not have roughed fins and she appears to be pretty active in the pictures. Also from the pet stores, the bettas being sold are usually about 6 months old. Bettas colours also become more faded as they get older and are more vibrant when they are juvenile [but it is hard to tell with a platinum white betta]. I hope this helped. :]
It really did help! Shes very active! So shes probably young haha thanks!

brondo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
My Bettas were miserable on those pellets, some of them are made so big they couldnt down them. Since I switched to frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp they are so much happier and are all excited to eat

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
newbettaboy12345 said:
From my LFS! Shes beautiful alright haha
LUCKY

My LFS sells female bettas perhaps once a year, and if I'm lucky, I can find MAYBE one that isn't an obvious veiltail

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom