Help with feeding my kuhlis and bristle nose pleco

Hi everyone. This is my first post and this current issue is my reason for joining this forum. Really hoping you can help.
I have a 30 gallon tall tank that may have too many bottom feeders in it, but I'm not sure how to handle feeding. I have 8 kuhli loaches, a clown pleco, and a gold bristle nose pleco. I also have several Tetras and a few snails. When I feed my kuhlis their Hikari wafers my bristle nose is the first one to eat them. The bristle nose is eating their food and has basically stopped eating my algae. Any ideas on food that I could feed the kuhlis but not my pleco? Or maybe another method of feeding them? If I feed less food my loaches are too shy to get it, and my tetras and pleco eat most of it. Thanks for any help or insight you can give

Solution
BN plecos love to eat so it’s no wonder yours is hogging the food. You can try feeding some blanched veggies, broccoli, squash, cucumber, cauliflower, green beans etc. Never expect a scavenger/“algae eater” to survive just on whatever they find. Every fish should be fed a proper diet. If they decide to eat algae then that’s just a bonus for you.

Also feed more protein in the form of shrimp pellets. A scattering of shrimp pellets is sure to get everyone fed. All your bottom feeders will benefit from shrimp pellets. I’m feeding a 36gal full of fancy snails, shrimp, a pair of BN and their spawn. They get shrimp pellets, wafers and veggies.
Crumble the food / divide.
The clown is mainly woodeater with some live food / protein. So not reappy "competition" for the other fish.
BN are omnivores that NEED some protein as well. Not only algae !

BN plecos love to eat so it’s no wonder yours is hogging the food. You can try feeding some blanched veggies, broccoli, squash, cucumber, cauliflower, green beans etc. Never expect a scavenger/“algae eater” to survive just on whatever they find. Every fish should be fed a proper diet. If they decide to eat algae then that’s just a bonus for you.

Also feed more protein in the form of shrimp pellets. A scattering of shrimp pellets is sure to get everyone fed. All your bottom feeders will benefit from shrimp pellets. I’m feeding a 36gal full of fancy snails, shrimp, a pair of BN and their spawn. They get shrimp pellets, wafers and veggies.

Solution

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom