Help with euthanize

synapsomatic

My mother just discovered one of her pond goldfish has severe dropsy and pineconing. She needs to euthanize her. I told her I can give her clove oil to use. But I need help with dosage because the fish I have had to euthanize were much smaller.
Please advise? I know she must be in awful pain!
I figured taking a photo of her next to a small tissue box would give you a good idea of her size.

3ACDBD18-B096-42F8-8E56-A5CCE23392CF.jpeg

Kjeldsen

Mix at least 10 drops per quart (40 drops per gallon) clove oil to HOT water and whisk or mix well. Mixture should be a little cloudy when emulsified. When mixture cools to tank temp, add the fish. Watch to see no breathing occurs for at least 30 minutes. Good luck.

Upvote 0

synapsomatic

Mix at least 10 drops per quart (40 drops per gallon) clove oil to HOT water and whisk or mix well. Mixture should be a little cloudy when emulsified. When mixture cools to tank temp, add the fish. Watch to see no breathing occurs for at least 30 minutes. Good luck.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

qldmick

Oh I cant remember from aquaculture at tafe, overdose with clove oil is one way to euthanize is all I can remember. There are other messier ways like decapitation, brain spike, fish killing bat, which are nice and quick and do the job but that's not for a lot of people.
I lost a mangrove jack that didn't eat for 2 months before dying, now I'm wondering if I should of euthanized him, a slow death doesn't sound at all nice.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views
TexasDomer
Replies
Views
Crissandra331
Replies