Help Help With Dwarf Neon Fry

ponitboss

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Can anyone help me with the proper care of dwarf neon rainbow fry?
1) What to feed them day 1 of free swimming and for how long?

2) tank set up for fry

3) normal water height or do I have to keep the water low?

4) anything else I should know

RobM

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
1. I use Sera Micron for the first two or three weeks and then onto bbs. You can also use 5-50 Golden Pearls instead of Sera.

2. A 5.5 gallon tank works well. With that size tank you do not need to do any water changes for a few weeks without any problems. A few ramshorn snails will eat any left over food.

3. Normal water height.

4. Try to keep the water at or above 78 degrees. They will grow quicker and if too cold they will perish.

Good luck!

ponitboss

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
1. I use Sera Micron for the first two or three weeks and then onto bbs. You can also use 5-50 Golden Pearls instead of Sera.

2. A 5.5 gallon tank works well. With that size tank you do not need to do any water changes for a few weeks without any problems. A few ramshorn snails will eat any left over food.

3. Normal water height.

4. Try to keep the water at or above 78 degrees. They will grow quicker and if too cold they will perish.

Good luck!
Ok thx you I have first bite fry food it works for yellow and bosemani rainbows so will try that an temperature here always in the 80s so should be good they also. No infusoria needed?

RobM

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have not kept Pseudomugil furcatus but I believe they would need the same fry foods.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom