Help with dosing ferts

BestFishTankGuy
Hey all, I’ve attached a picture of my high tech 75 gallon planted tank with co2 30ppm and high lighting for 6 hours reduced to 20% lighting after for the rest of the day.

my tank is 100% stocked according to live aquaria. I do not dose Nitrate or Phosphate.
I add Flourish potassium 2ppm everyday

my question is how much Flourish comprehensive should I dose to get my micros right ?

before anyone says anything about dry ferts. They have already been ordered. They will take a week to arrive and I will still have to fiddle with mixing them so until then I would like to know how often to dose seachem flourish comprehensive

Bruinfishkeeper1
First off, great tank!! Working on a dutch style aquascape myself!

In terms of comprehensive, since you don't run that much light, I would do like 3/4 of the recommended dosage every day or full dosage every other day. Its hard to tell, but really you just have to play around with it. Since you have co2, in theory you should be able to increase lighting and increase ferts (by a lot) allowing for explosive plant growth. Since ur plants seem to be thriving right now, I wouldn't worry too much about changing your lighting.

BestFishTankGuy
Oh wow I have actually been adding double the dose every other day. So I guess that’s pretty spot on . I had heard that recommended amounts of flourish comprehensive are for Low tech tanks so I was a little worried about under dosing.
a lot of the plants you see have only recently arrived from shipping and are going through adapting to submersed conditions so I reduced the photoperiod 6 hours are to prevent algae during their establishing period! but I hope to increase the lighting later

I heard that even with dry ferts (I’m shooting for PPS-Pro method of dosing) it is recommended to double the dose for high lighting , which i think I have? I’m Currently using two Fluval 3.0 so I was a little worried thinking I may be UNDER dosing the flourish because A lot of people on this forum say flourish provides minimal amounts of nutrients but glad to hear I got it right .

Bruinfishkeeper1
Honestly I would then just stay with what you have. I love planted tanks and Playing around with them but the thing with them is is that asking questions and answering them is HARD.

Mostly because from the answerer perspective I dont know what plants you are using, the intesity of light, other ferts and other factors.

If double dosage seems to work then I would stick with it.

You definitely sound like you know what your doing so i would stick with what is going right. And since double dosage is going right, I would say, do it!!

Top Bottom