Help With Diy Mini Sump Help

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by HaileStorm, Apr 9, 2018.

1. HaileStorm

HaileStormValued MemberMember

Hi everyone! I currently have a 23g as my main tank and a nano 2.6g quarantine which I'd like to convert into a mini sump.

The 2.6g is sub-divided into 3 sections at the back.

My idea is to put some sort of pump in the 23g to feed the 2.6g sump which would sit 0.5 meters below my 23g.

In the rightmost back compartment of the 2.6g would house the inflow.

Middle and leftmost section of the back will house the sponge.

The main section of the 2.6g will house the bio media and outflow pump.

Will this work? Any ideas would be appreciated. I can also consider taking apart all the tank dividers and install new ones in place. I just need a guide on what to do and which pumps to get. Oh, and hose size as well.

No idea how to calculate those.
    d433942236eb4809f529f371593821a7.jpg2fe99cbafe7d9bdb6b9eb93aadacf6d9.jpg9ed8c065124b727d86d4d48a6c226872.jpg

2. shiv234

shiv234Well Known MemberMember

don't put a pump to feed water int the sump. Only have one to feed water back to the main.how does the little tank filter work?

3. OP
    OP
    HaileStorm

HaileStormValued MemberMember

Hi Shiv,

I currently did a rain check on this project since (to my surprise) my Platy gave birth!

I had to remove as many fry as possible since my Betta was gobbling them up

Luckily I was able to save 10 of them, I'm sure there are others hiding somewhere in my tank. Hoping they'll survive.

Anyway, I'm going to have to upgrade to a 55g if these guys live to adulthood. If so, I might fashion a sump with my 23g instead.

Until then, these guys are keeping me real busy since I've no experience whatsoever in raising fish fry...

4. shiv234

shiv234Well Known MemberMember

oh ok......deep fried fries taste good

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice