Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Help With Changing My Original Stocking Idea Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by elwe1996, Apr 1, 2019.

1. elwe1996Valued MemberMember

I was originally going to finish stocking my 20 long with Panda Cory x6, Otocinclus x6, Dwarf Gourami x1, Male Guppy x3, Amano Shrimp x3, and Nerite Snail x2, but my Otos died before I could get a shoal going.

So my question is do I have enough room in my tank to do a top to mid level school of fish now that the Otos are out of the question? Or should I just stick with one schooling fish, and get one or two more Guppies and some more Aamono Shrimp? I was thinking of bumping the shrimp number up to six.

The tank is also lightly planted and is running an Aquaclear 20 and 30 for filtration.

2. AJEFishlore VIPMember

You could do a school of neon tetras and get the shrimp

3. elwe1996Valued MemberMember

Okay thanks, and that wouldn’t be over stocked?

4. AJEFishlore VIPMember

Assuming you have decent filtration, you should be fine as most of your fish will stay at different levels

5. elwe1996Valued MemberMember

Thank you :shame:

6. imbaWell Known MemberMember

You can also picking a smaller species of mid level schooling fish,

1 Dwarf Gourami
    3 Male Guppies
    3 Amano Shrimp
    2 Nerite Snails
    6 Panda Corydoras
    10 Chili Rasboras / Rasbora Maculatas / Galaxy Rasboras

Do you have the gourami yet?

7. elwe1996Valued MemberMember

Yes I have the gourami, guppy’s, Panda Corys, shrimp, and nerite snails. The Corys snails, and Gourami I’ve had the longest, and they use to be in a 10 gal before I upgraded to the 20 long a few months ago. I previously asked for help filling out the top part of the aquarium when I still had the Otos, which is why I have two Guppys now. But since the Otos passed on I was wondering if I could add another schooling fish to replace them. My original stocking idea with the help of @Platylover was going to be this.

Dwarf Gourami x1
    Panda Cory x6
    Male Guppy x3
    Otocinclus x6

8. elwe1996Valued MemberMember

So how’s this for stocking?

Dwarf Gourami x1
    Long Fin Leopard Danio x6
    Male Guppy x2
    Panda Cory x6
    Nerite snail x2
    Amano Shrimp x6

9. SkywayCorsairNew MemberMember

I think it looks good, very similar to what my final stocking will be. If you plan to keep your temperature around 72F as you mentioned in another thread, the danios will really appreciate that. You could maybe even bump the number of corys OR danios up to 8 if you want. But overall, I think it looks like a great stock.

10. elwe1996Valued MemberMember

I don’t know if I can keep it at 72 without a chiller, and those can be kinda expensive. According to my meat thermometer my water temp is 73.5, and my stick on thermometer says 75. So I’m going to keep an eye on it as summer gets closer and if it stays in the low 70s I will get the Danios so I don’t stress them to much.