Help Help With Changing My Original Stocking Idea

elwe1996

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I was originally going to finish stocking my 20 long with Panda Cory x6, Otocinclus x6, Dwarf GouramI x1, Male Guppy x3, Amano Shrimp x3, and Nerite Snail x2, but my Otos died before I could get a shoal going.

So my question is do I have enough room in my tank to do a top to mid level school of fish now that the Otos are out of the question? Or should I just stick with one schooling fish, and get one or two more Guppies and some more Aamono Shrimp? I was thinking of bumping the shrimp number up to six.

The tank is also lightly planted and is running an Aquaclear 20 and 30 for filtration.

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
elwe1996 said:
I was originally going to finish stocking my 20 long with Panda Cory x6, Otocinclus x6, Dwarf GouramI x1, Male Guppy x3, Amano Shrimp x3, and Nerite Snail x2, but my Otos died before I could get a shoal going.

So my question is do I have enough room in my tank to do a top to mid level school of fish now that the Otos are out of the question? Or should I just stick with one schooling fish, and get one or two more Guppies and some more Aamono Shrimp? I was thinking of bumping the shrimp number up to six.

The tank is also lightly planted and is running an Aquaclear 20 and 30 for filtration.
You could do a school of neon tetras and get the shrimp

OP
elwe1996

elwe1996

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Okay thanks, and that wouldn’t be over stocked?

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
elwe1996 said:
Okay thanks, and that wouldn’t be over stocked?
Assuming you have decent filtration, you should be fine as most of your fish will stay at different levels

imba

Well Known
Reaction score
You can also picking a smaller species of mid level schooling fish,

1 Dwarf Gourami
3 Male Guppies
3 Amano Shrimp
2 Nerite Snails
6 Panda Corydoras
10 ChilI Rasboras / Rasbora Maculatas / Galaxy Rasboras

Do you have the gouramI yet?

OP
elwe1996

elwe1996

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yes I have the gourami, guppy’s, Panda Corys, shrimp, and nerite snails. The Corys snails, and GouramI I’ve had the longest, and they use to be in a 10 gal before I upgraded to the 20 long a few months ago. I previously asked for help filling out the top part of the aquarium when I still had the Otos, which is why I have two Guppys now. But since the Otos passed on I was wondering if I could add another schooling fish to replace them. My original stocking idea with the help of Platylover was going to be this.

Dwarf GouramI x1
Panda Cory x6
Male Guppy x3
Otocinclus x6

OP
elwe1996

elwe1996

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So how’s this for stocking?

Dwarf GouramI x1
Long Fin Leopard Danio x6
Male Guppy x2
Panda Cory x6
Nerite snail x2
Amano Shrimp x6

SkywayCorsair

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
elwe1996 said:
So how’s this for stocking?

Dwarf GouramI x1
Long Fin Leopard Danio x6
Male Guppy x2
Panda Cory x6
Nerite snail x2
Amano Shrimp x6

I think it looks good, very similar to what my final stocking will be. If you plan to keep your temperature around 72F as you mentioned in another thread, the danios will really appreciate that. You could maybe even bump the number of corys OR danios up to 8 if you want. But overall, I think it looks like a great stock.

OP
elwe1996

elwe1996

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I don’t know if I can keep it at 72 without a chiller, and those can be kinda expensive. According to my meat thermometer my water temp is 73.5, and my stick on thermometer says 75. So I’m going to keep an eye on it as summer gets closer and if it stays in the low 70s I will get the Danios so I don’t stress them to much.

New Threads