Help With Carpeting Plants

Gar2188

Hey all, so I'm looking into getting a carpeting plant for my aquarium. I'm thinking of dwarf hairgrass. But I don't dose with CO2 and I'm just using sand for substrate. Are there other carpeting plants that could work?

Zigi Zig

Dwarf Hairgrass will need water from 70°-83°F, with a neutral pH. This species appreciates a soft substrate that is rich in fertilizer. Also strong light will be recommended 5000 to 7000K. I am not saying you won't be able to grow but chance will be small and you will have hard time to keep it healthy. So it means says In low-tech tanks, growth rate will be slow, if at all. But in high-tech tanks with CO2 and strong lighting, they would grow much faster..

EbiAqua

Dwarf Hairgrass will need water from 70°-83°F, with a neutral pH. This species appreciates a soft substrate that is rich in fertilizer. Also strong light will be recommended 5000 to 7000K. I am not saying you won't be able to grow but chance will be small and you will have hard time to keep it healthy. So it means says In low-tech tanks, growth rate will be slow, if at all. But in high-tech tanks with CO2 and strong lighting, they would grow much faster..

Can confirm getting DHG growing in lowtech tanks is next to impossible.

@OP I suggest dwarf sag, Monte Carlo, baby tears (not dwarf baby tears), or dwarf four-leaf clover. The will carpet in low tech settings provided they get adequate light in the spectrum of 6500-8000K and you use root tabs.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TClare
Replies
Views
NotQuiteSure
Replies
Views
jehorton
  • Question
Replies