Help With Bubbler 10 Gal

Sstietj
I've read articles saying it’s a must and others that it’s not necessary for 10 gal as long as your filter is making movement. The gal at Petco said to buy this fancy smancy bubbler (pic attached) for my 10 gal. Idk, but it looks like way too much bubbles for a 10 gallon so I think she might of been wrong on the size. Can you help? Do I need a bubbler, or is this fancy bubbler fine.

Attachments

• 011C8AA4-FC71-49E1-9C3E-A55E63F75631.jpeg
    011C8AA4-FC71-49E1-9C3E-A55E63F75631.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 72
  • B8AC6E4B-9D32-4B09-8F7B-40C61BA5D9A2.jpeg
    B8AC6E4B-9D32-4B09-8F7B-40C61BA5D9A2.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 65
Advertisement
Crispii
You don't really need it.

Fishproblem
HI there! Welcome! You don’t need that many bubbles, and in my humble opinion it looks pretty goofy in your tank.

Bubblers like that are fore oxygenating your water. Your hang on back filter will do the job just fine 9 times out of ten. If you do need more oxygen, you can get a much less obtrusive air stone.

Edit: the reason for this is that surface movement helps water absorb oxygen. The waterfall of your filter is already serving that purpose.

Advertisement
kallililly1973
My thoughts on an airstone or bubblers or anything your gonna hook up to an airpump your way better off just adding a sponge filter. They come in a ton of sizes and when your ready to set up your next tank you will have an established filter to help speed up the cycle. Just my opinion. FYI that seems like a bit of overkill for your 10. I'de remove it n bring it back and get a sponge filter instead.

Sstietj
Thank you thank you for your honest opinion! You think they’ll take it back so I can get my money back? Haha so in conclusion my cascading filter is getting that job done so I don’t need a bubbler at all?

My thoughts on an airstone or bubblers or anything your gonna hook up to an airpump your way better off just adding a sponge filter. They come in a ton of sizes and when your ready to set up your next tank you will have an established filter to help speed up the cycle. Just my opinion. FYI that seems like a bit of overkill for your 10. I'de remove it n bring it back and get a sponge filter instead.
Woo! Thank you I can’t wait to get my money back from that (hopefully) I agree it’s overkill! I’ll look into the sponge filter

Fishproblem
Thank you thank you for your honest opinion! You think they’ll take it back so I can get my money back? Haha so in conclusion my cascading filter is getting that job done so I don’t need a bubbler at all?
Oh, yeah. You should bring it back and say the wrong item was recommended. It’ll probably help if it’s clean and back in the box

And yes, the filter is doing the job.

What are your plans for the tank?

Sstietj
Oh, yeah. You should bring it back and say the wrong item was recommended. It’ll probably help if it’s clean and back in the box

And yes, the filter is doing the job.

What are your plans for the tank?

Awesome just took it out and I’m relieved there aren’t a million wires behind it anymore. I am open to suggestions for plans for the tank, while it’s cycling I wanted to do a planted tank. Not sure about what fish yet.

Fishproblem
Awesome just took it out and I’m relieved there aren’t a million wires behind it anymore. I am open to suggestions for plans for the tank, while it’s cycling I wanted to do a planted tank. Not sure about what fish yet.
Ohhh yeah cord management gets fun fast lol. Personally I’d love to see a male guppy only tank but that’s a selfish suggestion because I’d do it if I had the space! A planted tank is a great idea, especially for a 10 gallon

kallililly1973
Not a stocking pro but if your steering away from a betta in your tank then you could get some male guppies or endlers or a nice school of nano fish or you could do a smaller school of nano fish and maybe a frog or 2 but their tough to feed cuz their so blind..

Fishproblem
Oh! Actually a killifish pair would be awesome and would love a planted tank. If you haven’t seen them, look up fundulopanchax gardneri

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MacZ
  • Question
Replies
Views
saltwater60
Replies
Views
mytmouse
Replies