Help with betta

InTheBox

My younger brother, ten years old, wants a fish tank in his room. I know he is too young to be responsible for the fish so I would do most of the care taking, but I was wondering what size tank I should get him. I was thinking a 5 gallon or 10 gallon, and if I get the later, could we get any shrimp or snails? Thanks!

jdhef

A 5g would be great for a betta. You could probably put some shrimp in there and maybe a snail (assuming your betta doesn't eat them). But bigger is usually better, especially if getting a snail, single they can have a high bio-load

CoconutTheBetta

My younger brother, ten years old, wants a fish tank in his room. I know he is too young to be responsible for the fish so I would do most of the care taking, but I was wondering what size tank I should get him. I was thinking a 5 gallon or 10 gallon, and if I get the later, could we get any shrimp or snails? Thanks!
Hello! I agree with Jdhef; the bigger the tank the better. Especially if you want tank mates. Since bettas are territorial, in a bigger tank there would be more space to hide for your shrimp and/or snails.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JLAquatics
Replies
Views
StoneToucan
Replies
Views
bettafishforchristmas
Replies
Views