help with backgrounds

1. LadyBug82 Member Member

how do u put a background on the back of a fish tank? i got this pink foil see threw background and some black background from petsmart.

2. escapay Well Known Member Member

I used tape for mine. Of course, I think double sided tape would be even better...

Might be other ways though.

3. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

You can use tape to tape it to the back, or buy a product called seaview, its a gel like product that will hold the background to the tank.

4. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

duct tape for everything!!!!!!!!

5. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Hello!

I have read (but have never tried) that Vaseline works well to adhere the background.

6. dannyboy Member Member

If your background is the kind I'm thinking of, vegetable oil works well. Just put a small amount on a rag and spread it all over the back of the tank. Lay the background on from the middle to minimize air bubbles. Some bubbles will remain no matter how carefully you apply the background, but you can use a plastic card to push those out. I think this helps the background pop more than the tape-on method, but to each their own! Good luck:)

7. LadyBug82 Member Member

have any tried a make it yourself background? i was thinking of being crafty and make my own on some type of paper.

8. Borisbbadd Guest

Works for Red Green...:anim_63:

9. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

That could work, and make the tank more "you" . I made one out of a black and white poster print, I really like it.

10. LadyBug82 Member Member

well i went to walmart and bought this glass markers that r metallic. there so cool, I'm hoping this will turn out good. so far my idea is awesome.

Attached Files:

11. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

Hey, careful there you don't break your arm patting yourself on the back!:)

But seriously, good luck with your background!