Help With Api Ph Reading Help 

FloydtheBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’ve been consistently getting this reading with my api test kit for ph. When I do the regular ph it seems to be near 7.6, but then I do the high range and I get 7.4.

I’ve been taking this to mean my ph is near 7.4, any clarification would be appreciated!

Pics of my readings below

Attachments

Skavatar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
since they overlap, i'd go with the 7.6

Donthemon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
7.5 split the difference.

MOUNTAINTATE

Reaction score
FloydtheBetta said:
I’ve been consistently getting this reading with my api test kit for ph. When I do the regular ph it seems to be near 7.6, but then I do the high range and I get 7.4.

I’ve been taking this to mean my ph is near 7.4, any clarification would be appreciated!

Pics of my readings below
Found this thread, cuz the same thing has been happening with my tests...What the deuce?

Hyzenthlay

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If the water is the same color as the chemical drops, that means no change, so go with the other ph test. I had the opposite problem. I was getting purple consistently with the high ph test, and blue with ph. I had to reread the instructions and they said if there’s no color change use the other one because the drops are bright purple. Not to say the high ph can’t read 8.8, but when you test both and one stays the same color. Hope that’s not confusing.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom