Help With A Rabbit

Antonian

Well mother went on vacation and came back with a pet rabbit. Anyone know any tips for taking care of one of these guys? This is a first for me and I am at a loss.
Image1560202532.189678.jpg

brice131

Well mother went on vacation and came back with a pet rabbit. Anyone know any tips for taking care of one of these guys? This is a first for me and I am at a loss.
Image1560202532.189678.jpg
what questions do you have on it?

Antonian

what questions do you have on it?

Mainly what I should use for bedding and help on a healthy diet? I ordered a hutch and it will be here tomorrow morning.

brice131

Mainly what I should use for bedding and help on a healthy diet? I ordered a hutch and it will be here tomorrow morning.

When I had rabbits I used grass hay as bedding.. very clean and they eat on it. If you are keeping it inside I would use carefresh(best brand) bedding. Do not use chips what so ever. Healthy diet I would say is a cup of pellets a day and veggies (carrots and basically anything green). Look up plantain grass it’s dark green and everywhere especially in the summer. I guarantee you have that in your yard. Rabbits LOVE it! Oh and make sure you have something for it to chew on or that hutch will have chew marks all in it.

Always make sure water bottle is full. If it does not know what the water bottle is put your finger on the little ball and teach it. If that doesn’t work, use a water bowl for now.

Clover is another good one! But fr look up grass plantain on google s. You’ll know exactly what it is.

Antonian

Thanks a ton, I definitely have some plantain grass in my yard! Iv had him eating stick food and drinking tons of water. I just want to make the best home for him possible.

brice131

Thanks a ton, I definitely have some plantain grass in my yard! Iv had him eating stick food and drinking tons of water. I just want to make the best home for him possible.

Good. I wish I still had my rabbits. Best of luck and if you have any questions you can comment on here or private message!

Atomicfish

Rabbits can have a lot of babies really fast so I hope you have it on birth control or not any other rabbits around of the opposite gender of the rabbit you have.

Skavatar

make sure you rabbit proof your room. and the rest of your house if you allow it to roam free. mine has chewed up several power cords and cables, and a few shoes, and a lot of cardboard boxes.

timothy grass is usually recommended. I buy the large compressed timothy grass hay bales. they must have access to the grass at all times, the chewing action helps to keep their teeth in check otherwise they grow too long and then they aren't able to eat, then you'll have to take it to the vet to get its teeth filed down.

use a large tray like a cat litter box and place the hay in there. you can use more than 1, and keep them in the same place all the time. they'll learn that is where the food is and also where to potty. rabbit pee is very potent and stains.

if you don't plan on breeding, it is recommended to get it neutered. it keeps aggression down, and helps with potty training, otherwise they like to "mark their territory".

Antonian

Thanks for all the help everybody! I will be keeping just 1 male so I may end up having him neutered until I decide if he is going to be outside or indoors I’ll wait and see. He was from the upper peninsula of Michigan and being raised as food so he definitely is still shy but slowly warming up to me.

WTFish?

What a cutie! So glad he was saved from being food! Also...noticed you have an empty tank up there...get busy on that

Antonian

What a cutie! So glad he was saved from being food! Also...noticed you have an empty tank up there...get busy on that

No joke this MTS is killing me lately! I couldn’t pass up a $1per a gallon sale and I want to breed more fish.

Antonian

58215995149__84C5BDD8-9BC1-4FE6-B089-23037A64D543.JPG step one

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Redshark1
Replies
Views
julifhy
Replies
Views