Help with 29 gallon saltwater tank.

Jamesjohnson28

Reaction score
I am wanting to start my first saltwater tank. I got a 29 gallon tank ready to set up but was wanting to know if i have to put in some anemone in order to keep a pair of clownfish happy? And also whats a good cleanup crew that's compatible with the clowns? Thank you.

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Jamesjohnson28 said:
I am wanting to start my first saltwater tank. I got a 29 gallon tank ready to set up but was wanting to know if i have to put in some anemone in order to keep a pair of clownfish happy? And also whats a good cleanup crew that's compatible with the clowns? Thank you.
Nope, you do not need an Anemone to keep them happy. Some will even go onto clams!

You can keep most inverts but the ones I would have in a cleanup crew would be Nassarius Snails, Nerite Snails, Asterea Snails, and ETC.
You can keep the cleaner shrimp, brittlestars, and those types but are not really a cleanup crew.

Jesterrace

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Jamesjohnson28 said:
Most clowns are captive bred these days and many don't even know what to do with a 'nem. Personally I would avoid the 'nem as they can be a pain to care for and go where they want to go in your tank (can sting corals if you want any). As for the clean up crew any are compatible with clownfish as they generally don't mess with inverts. Definitely stick to Ocellaris (ie Nemo) or Percula variety Clownfish though. The others get a lot bigger and meaner.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom