Help: White On Betta? See Betta Photos

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by littlebluesonofafish, Apr 19, 2019.

1. littlebluesonofafishNew MemberMember

This just started out as a dark line a few weeks ago on his body. I thought it might have been a scratch. Now, all of a sudden it has a white thing on it. Please help identify this for me. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. A201Well Known MemberMember

It looks like a fungus, probably attached to an abrasion.
    Clean water & time usually heals problems like that.

3. DemeterFishlore VIPMember

Looks like a ruptured cyst. I had the same thing happen to a female dumbo HM and she healed up perfectly fine after it fell off. Her's started as a darker area, then a small bump and finally the skin opened up, the cyst fell out within a couple days and the skin closed over the wound. I did give her a couple Methylene blue baths to prevent infection but other than that just the usual water changes.

This is when it ruptured, looks horrible but she didn't behave any differently when it happened.
    IMG_4189.JPG

Give him a couple weeks with a few extra water changes and I bet he'll be just fine. Keep us updated!

4. littlebluesonofafishNew MemberMember

Thank you. Its good to hear you don't think he needs meds. I haven't had luck medicating my bettas in the past. Hewey is acting okay, otherwise. I usually do two water changes a week at 35%. Do you think I should increase the water changes? He is in a 5.5 gallon, heated tank with a sponge filter. He is about 2 years old if that helps.

5. SaraCooperNew MemberMember

Huh… I have a Female Betta that developed the biggest egg spot… she started dropping eggs by herself! Perhaps a cyst next to her ovipositor?

6. littlebluesonofafishNew MemberMember

I think it is probably a ruptured cyst, since it popped up just this morning and is confined to that one spot. Thank you!

That's interesting, Sarah. My betta is a male, so I hope he doesn't have any eggs or that would be a whole different problem, LOL!

7. SaraCooperNew MemberMember