Help. White Colour Thing On My Clownfishs Help

1. s

sanjay7 Valued Member Member

2. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

3. Zoomo

Zoomo Well Known Member Member

I don't know clownfish at all, but they seem to be swimming funny, both of them, like in one spot. They seem to be freaking out. Don't they swim more fluidly all over the tank? I am a stupid newbie with just bettas and some mystery snails so I am probably wrong, but that was my first thought. The white thing, blob you mean on its back? No idea.

4. OP
    OP
    s

They actually swim well . But yeah they are really scared of blue damsel

Here is my tank

5. Zoomo

Beautiful tank. At 35 seconds, it appears the blue fish bit the clown or ran into him. I don't know, they are pretty jerky (jerking movements) swimmers. I will have to go watch other clown fish swim, but your tank is beautiful.

I have to work for a bit so will do it after.

6. OP
    OP
    s

Thanks . Yeah blue damsel actually hits the clownfishs. I have to get more rocks to prevent that .

7. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

I took some screenies for myself and everyone else... Hope you dont mind OP, but they moving too much! >.<

31a4447850c41d106a1a9338c411c862.jpg 09fea4880e0e99a8fe2f994f7ec7d366.jpg
    8ddc61c3191c886a6f03c632942a7d39.jpg

To me, it looks like a fungal infection. Its white and puffy, way to large to be white spot and internal parasites usually doesn't manifest like that. They very fungal like in appearance.

To the OP, how long have you had them for? How long ago did that show up?

8. OP
    OP
    s

Thanks for your effort :). I got first clown 2 weeks back and other one a week ago. Surprisingly they both are from different store. How to cure fungal infection ? Do they spread ? My damsel seems fine . They don't move cause of my blue damsel.

9. aussieJJDude

I assume the recent addition is the culprit in question?

I changed my mind. Looking at the vid and pics in question, its not fluffy... more ball like. That would suggest lymphocystis, which makes sense since you mentioned that the damsel is highly aggressive - lymphocystis is usually caused by stress.

Increasing the amount of live rock certainly will help, and depending on what you tank is currently upgrading to a larger tank - like a 20g or larger - certainly wont be a bad thing. Likewise, best course of action is reduce stress and consider isolating the fish, since lymphocystis is considered viral.

10. OP
    OP
    s

Oh wow . Isolation can cause this viral infection. Yes I will add rock . How about dead rock ? Because cured live rock isn't available in lfs now . If the fishes are stress free that is after adding rocks . Will it get cured by itself ? Yes I just took one of the fish in hand , white colour thing is hard and not spongy

11. Zoomo

I think I would probably move the aggressive damsel to another tank or rehome him/her. But, that is me. The clownies have nowhere to hide or to rest, get away from the blue fish. Sorry :(. Do you have somewhere to either move the clowns or the damsel?

12. OP
    OP
    s

Yes I hava
    Yes I have a small tank. unfortunately I don't have any filtration for that , just air stone. Maybe I can do water change regularly until they get cured. I will add dead rocks in two days . Hopefully nothing happens to them :(.

13. Gypsy13

Hey. Like AussieJJDude says, they have no where to hide. They’ll be very stressed without it. The blue fish just sounds too aggressive for them. Were you planning on anemones?

14. OP
    OP
    s

From this forum I have been advised not to have anemones cause my tank is small for it..

Latest update : when I turn off my power head
    , They roam around. They try to go near the rock but damsel hit them :/

15. Gypsy13

Damsel is just mean huh? And I’m sorry I’ve never had a salt water of my own. :( just got to play with orhers’. Sounds like either separate tanks or a better place to hide. But, who wants two beautiful clown fish hiding all the time? I wish you didn’t have to go through this. Keep us posted? Please?

16. OP
    OP
    s

Yeah blue damsel is do aggressive . It doesn't allow any fish to come near the rock. I will add rock and see what happens. If there is no change I will keep damsel in a small tank for a day or more and then shift it to the same tank . Now damsel will be the new comer for the tank ( if my logic is correct ).

17. Gypsy13

It sometimes works. Hoping it does for you. Let us know. :)

18. aussieJJDude

Isolation can help reduce the likelihood that your other fish will develop it. Dead rock is fine, it will become seeded in time and form part of biological filtration - never a bad thing in smaller tanks I've heard!

Adding more rocks may decrease stress, offering each fish a place to hide in.

Will it cure by itself? Mixed reports, some say yes others say not so much.

19. OP
    OP
    s

I will get rocks today and try to cycle for a day and install it as per my LFS said . Let's see what happens.

Yeah sure mate .

20. OP
    OP
    s

Just got 8kg dead rock. Trying to cycle it. My lfs said me to wash and let it dry in sun and again was then add into tank. But I'm trying this method with powehead and then under sun. d8c40f239ce0272ef661b1b4c38e2c88.jpg 5c8b365ea4a672a7cd4b26007d78257c.jpg 6309347a83d0245b31a8479d2e50c13c.jpg