Help!!!! White cloud dying?

KingJamal2

image.jpg

One of my white clouds is laying on the bottom of the tank/attempting to swim/flailing around

He is still breathing, but they are long and gaspy.

What’s going on? The other white clouds are doing amazing, water is good, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10.

Is there any hope?

His spine is bent, so could he have broken his back?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Help is appreciated!

Kurtcordog
Tbh I know nothing about this fish but he seems like it’s just the bad one in the batch and he seems like he’s dying but I’ll let the pros come in and answer

mazz55
That's a tough one my man. I had a fish who's back was bent like that and lived for a good while. Symptoms kinda sound like dropsy are you able to see if it's pooing and what color the poo is?

KingJamal2
He is not pooping, or at least I can’t see the poop. He is very pale, and is kinda flopping around, and bumping into rocks and such. It looks like he might have been bullied a bit, his fins are torn and some pieces are missing

image.jpg

Not sure if it can be seen well, but the middle section of his tail fin is gone.

mazz55
Seems he got picked on too much Wich can cause him to become stressed. Stressed fish definitely won't eat Wich will worsen his situation. If you have any type of smaller tank put him into quarantine immediately and see if he might eat anything

KingJamal2
mazz55 said:
Seems he got picked on too much Wich can cause him to become stressed. Stressed fish definitely won't eat Wich will worsen his situation. If you have any type of smaller tank put him into quarantine immediately and see if he might eat anything
Unfortunately, I don’t have another tank open for him. I don’t think my danios I my other tank will like him too much.

He definitely hasn’t eaten anything, because he is SUPER skinny. I thought all of them were eating when I fed the tank, they all seemed to be eating...

mazz55
KingJamal2 said:
He is not pooping, or at least I can’t see the poop. He is very pale, and is kinda flopping around, and bumping into rocks and such. It looks like he might have been bullied a bit, his fins are torn and some pieces are missing

image.jpg

Not sure if it can be seen well, but the middle section of his tail fin is gone.
if he's just been picked on and that's it there's a good chance he can recover from that.
KingJamal2 said:

image.jpg

KingJamal2 said:
Unfortunately, I don’t have another tank open for him. I don’t think my danios I my other tank will like him too much.

He definitely hasn’t eaten anything, because he is SUPER skinny. I thought all of them were eating when I fed the tank, they all seemed to be eating...
Do you have anything to keep him separate like a small fry box or tank divider. They definitely out competed him

mazz55
mazz55 said:
if he's just been picked on and that's it there's a good chance he can recover from that.

Do you have anything to keep him separate like a small fry box or tank divider. They definitely out competed him

mazz55
Also he's not swimming right because of his fins being nipped and torn Wich will cause him to be out competed more! I feel bad for that cloud man fish are brutal in packs sometimes. It really is the survival of the fittest

KingJamal2
mazz55 said:

I just put him in a little bowl with an air stone and put some food in it. He’s still laying on the bottom of the bowl.

Ill leave him be for the night, and let you know how he is in the morning.

mazz55
KingJamal2 said:
I just put him in a little bowl with an air stone and put some food in it. He’s still laying on the bottom of the bowl.

Ill leave him be for the night, and let you know how he is in the morning.
Hope he recovers

KingJamal2
mazz55 said:
Hope he recovers
So do I. I am relieved that it was not a disease. When I go to get 6 more, to finish off my school, I’ll make sure that I don’t get any that look weak.

I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help.

mazz55
KingJamal2 said:
So do I. I am relieved that it was not a disease. When I go to get 6 more, to finish off my school, I’ll make sure that I don’t get any that look weak.

I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help.
Any update on your cloud my dude?

KingJamal2
mazz55 said:
Any update on your cloud my dude?
Yeah, unfortunately, he has died.

When I go back to get some more, I’ll look for the strongest ones.

mazz55
KingJamal2 said:
Yeah, unfortunately, he has died.

When I go back to get some more, I’ll look for the strongest ones.
Sorry to hear that bud, hope your next batch has no losses.

angelcraze
Sorry you lost him. I will say he looks outcompeted as well. He was pretty thin. Fish will sense when another is ill or suffering and they are jerks and will pick at them. If the others are doing well, that's a good sign....

How long have you had them?

KingJamal2
angelcraze said:
Sorry you lost him. I will say he looks outcompeted as well. He was pretty thin. Fish will sense when another is ill or suffering and they are jerks and will pick at them. If the others are doing well, that's a good sign....

How long have you had them?
I got him last week. I had 4, then 10, but now I have 9. hopefully later today, I’ll have 15 white clouds and 6 blood fin tetras.

Top Bottom