Help...what Is This??

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't know..... but I want to follow to see if anyone else does. That's creepy looking! :eek:

Donthemon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The thing that looks kinda like a rat tail? Or the stuff that looks like fungus or rotten food? Either thing is weird!

Lauryn

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
StarGirl15 said:
I don't know..... but I want to follow to see if anyone else does. That's creepy looking! :eek:
I know, I'm too scared to siphon it out. Asked my sister to come and check in the morning

Donthemon said:
The thing that looks kinda like a rat tail? Or the stuff that looks like fungus or rotten food? Either thing is weird!
At first I thought it was a long poop, then a tail.... but the thing it's attached to looks like a snail, but I don't have any snails :emoji_confounded:. It's definitely not food,

Shay1431

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It does look kind of weird I want to know what it is to. Who know you might have a new species growing in your tank and not know. It really does look like some type of creature with a long tail

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you have some kind of stick you can move it with? Is it still in the same spot?

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
That seems like way too long compared to the body shape to be a tail. Could you take a more zoomed in picture with sharper detail? It is pretty impossible to tell from this one.

Could it just be something organic that fell in and is melting? Like a leaf with stem from a nearby plant?

Nikki2577

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
This is making my nerves tingle. Lol yuck. Looks like a rat or something. I couldn’t get it out either hubby would have to do it. Lol

Sage Exotics

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
That’s so neat! And it just appeared overnight?! It’s probably harmless so I wouldn’t worry. There’s so much that live in our tanks, most of it harmless.
I also think it’s probably a worm of some sort.

Lauryn

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sooooooo my sister came round and had a look at the tank

Me: what is that, can you get it out
Gloria: sure but you'll owe me one
Me: yeah whatever just get it out

Gloria gets a piece of tissue puts on her marigolds, I run and hide in the kitchen

Me: is it gone
Gloria: it keeps moving I can't catch it
Me: screaming
Gloria: I got it, do you wanna see
Me: no, get it out of here
Gloria: remember you said you owe me one

Gloria laughs gets in her car and leaves. 20 mins later Gloria calls laughing hysterically and said it was a crypt leaf!!! But i should remember I owe her

So I guess I'm a bit of a drama queen, but in my defence it didn't look like a plant leaf :sorry:

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ahhh i needed this today. It had me going too! I swear it had a little foot hahaha. For it to be a leaf... this was funny. Thank goodness it wasnt some sorta mutant aquatic zombie rat

Cherie G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
This thread was hilarious! Reminds me of the time when I was a teenager and my mom and sister were screaming there was a snake on our enclosed back porch. I go out there to deal with it (dad is at work & I'm the only female in the family not afraid of snakes) and I look all around & don't see a snake. Meanwhile they are both still screaming "It's right there...kill it..." etc. Well turns out their "snake" was a black shoe lace. :rolleyes:

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom