Help, what is this on my platy?

Fiosco345

i came home yesterday to find it like this its eyes are peeling and it loks like its been throuh a blender yesterday i saw him eratticly swimming? what is it? It’s been swimming erratically since yesterday.
What medicine do i need? it looks like ick but i could be wrong

its a little calmer today but its looking like this im going to give it an aquaium salt bath

TheFishFella

Is it stringy? It could be flukes. I’d medicate him for some sort of fungal disease. Maracyn Oxy helps with specific fungal diseases as well as most bacterial diseases. That with a 25% water change for 10 days. I’m not the biggest fish disease expert, and the photo is a little blurry, but maracyn Oxy or maybe even aquarium salt could help!
Is it stringy? It could be flukes. I’d medicate him for some sort of fungal disease. Maracyn Oxy helps with specific fungal diseases as well as most bacterial diseases. That with a 25% water change for 10 days. I’m not the biggest fish disease expert, and the photo is a little blurry, but maracyn Oxy or maybe even aquarium salt could help!
The swimming erratically means he is most likely in pain/discomfort

Fiosco345

i dosed medicine yesterday still acting odd but clearing up

Fiosco345

uptade fins substaned damage but fungus is gone. Imma leave the medication in till thurdays to help kill of any spores in the subtrate then change some water

TheFishFella

uptade fins substaned damage but fungus is gone. Imma leave the medication in till thurdays to help kill of any spores in the subtrate then change some water
Fin damage? Do you think it’s torn fins or fin rot?

Fiosco345

what ever it is the medicit helped i said tear bc some of it did rot away and it killed the other 2 but the guy in the pic is safe and the female

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ahmed0176
Replies
Views
Bwood22
Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
Replies
Views