Help!! What Guppy Strain Is This?

Guppyholic

First, I just registered to this forum today and this is my very first post! I need help for guppy strain ID. The first one is the photo of the male and the next is a photo of both male and female that was given to me by a friend. The first time I looked at it, I immediately thought it was a red mosaic strain, but the female's fins are purple not red or light blue! The tail shape isn't usual for red mosaics too. And looking at the female, she resembles, if not actually, a purple mosaic. My friend isn't sure too if they are actually a pair because they were just given to him without really knowing their strain, then gave it for me to breed. I've been looking all over the internet and nothing's found but one video on youtube by an indonesian or vietnamese uploader who posted it years ago without the strain name of the guppy. PLS HELP! Thanks! Looking forward for a very active guppy page!

Attachments

• IMG_7061.JPG
    IMG_7061.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_7062.JPG
    IMG_7062.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 120

Kenny777

Fancy?

Guppyholic

Yeah? I mean they're all fancy strains aren't they?

The male died about 5 days after they arrived and the female is still my suspect up to now because earlier that day, the male was very playful, active and kept chasing her but occasionally backs up when she faces him like he's afraid of her when she's about to head on him. And both came very healthy and active, and fish disease, especially with guppies, are very rare in my place. But here's a link to the video of the female a day before she gave birth to 19 fry and died by a suicide jump after completely releasing her babies.

Kellye8498

Some form of half black guppy

TwoHedWlf

First, I just registered to this forum today and this is my very first post! I need help for guppy strain ID. The first one is the photo of the male and the next is a photo of both male and female that was given to me by a friend. The first time I looked at it, I immediately thought it was a red mosaic strain, but the female's fins are purple not red or light blue! The tail shape isn't usual for red mosaics too. And looking at the female, she resembles, if not actually, a purple mosaic. My friend isn't sure too if they are actually a pair because they were just given to him without really knowing their strain, then gave it for me to breed. I've been looking all over the internet and nothing's found but one video on youtube by an indonesian or vietnamese uploader who posted it years ago without the strain name of the guppy. PLS HELP! Thanks! Looking forward for a very active guppy page!

Was he line breeding them, or did he just have a handful of guppies randomly breeding in a tank? If the latter, then it's probably a mutt crossed with a cross breed.

Guppyholic

Some form of half black guppy
True. Mosaics are half black too

Was he line breeding them, or did he just have a handful of guppies randomly breeding in a tank? If the latter, then it's probably a mutt crossed with a cross breed.
The person who gave this is also a guppy strain collector and he makes sure he gets pure strain guppies. It was packed as a pair when it was given to him but he then gave it to me the same day for me to breed it because he knew I breed guppies well and had more space for more fish. It means they were packed as a pair and unpacked until I open them. I first thought he was a blue variegated strain but the female blue-variegated has identical tail colors to its male counterpart and not purple as the one paired with him.

Then I thought he is some sort of red mosaic cross, but as I've mentioned above, I saw a video on youtube that looks exactly like him (I was almost sure it was actually him lol) uploaded by some indo or vietnamese guy. I'll find it and post the link on here later. I'm from Philippines, and given that video, I would think this is a new demographically available mosaic strain to southeast asia. Lol (****)

They were so beautiful, they're bigger and fuller than the usual guppies. Especially the female, she's so gorgeous, I'm almost sure she is a purple mosaic just paired with some random male. But look at that beautiful pattern on her tail! It was also almost half-moon ❤️

Unfortunately she died on the day after giving birth to 19 fry. The fry/fries are so sensitive to the water conditions, the fact that everything in my environment is very favorable (to almost any fish), some died and now I think there were only 8-9 left. They are 20 days old today, growing up fast and bigger than the usual 20-day old guppies and I'm currently treating them with "intensive care"

Attachments

• IMG_7323.JPG
    IMG_7323.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 82

Guppyholic

Anybody??

Guppyholic

Here's her fry! I thought there were 9 left out of 18 but now there's only 6 left. Only one fry is half black like her mom and I'm sure she's female. The other one is obviously a male, kinda growing that pattern similar to his dad but too early to be sure. Others still needs probably more days before they can be sexed but I'm guessing there's 2 or 3 females. I'd also think the only half black fry is the only female like their mom because she's the only obvious female, hopefully not! We'll see, if they'll look like their parents, they breed true and not a cross.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Guppyholic
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Guppyholic
  • Goldmoon
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
emeraldking
  • Ya Boi Trevor