Question help w/ stocking

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Any possibility of getting a larger tank (29 gallons or so), so that you can have the schools you want and your fish can have the room they need?

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Welcome to Fishlore!
As Lynda's post suggests, you've already got a heavily stocked tank. Schooling fish and community groups do best in 29g or more.

angeliccreature

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
how many schools of fish can i have in a 14gallon tank i want ethier 1 or2 of the following fish , tiger barbs, rosy barbs long fined , harlin rasboras, along w/ guppies

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
first off are you sure it's a 14gallon tank? I've never seen one that size that's the only reason I ask.

Then basically the fish you picked I really don't think could go with guppys. Deffinatly not tiger barbs as they can be very aggresive and do best in a tank by themselves. The other barbs I still wouldn't put with guppys. The Rasboras maybe, I'm not sure about them I've never had them.

If your tank really is a 14 gallon then maybe what I'd do if you already have guppys is get some neon tetras so like maybe have 5 or 6 neons and 3 or 4 guppys. Then maybe a snail or something for algae control. I'm just tossing around ideas I'm not positive what you're looking for exactly.

Also you should invest in a API liquid test kit before buying anymore fish so you can keep your water levels under control. I noticed you had "no" and "n/a" as your answers in your aquarium info and those pieces of information are vital to know before adding fish.

angeliccreature

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
first off are you sure it's a 14gallon tank? I've never seen one that size that's the only reason I ask.

Then basically the fish you picked I really don't think could go with guppys. Deffinatly not tiger barbs as they can be very aggresive and do best in a tank by themselves. The other barbs I still wouldn't put with guppys. The Rasboras maybe, I'm not sure about them I've never had them.

If your tank really is a 14 gallon then maybe what I'd do if you already have guppys is get some neon tetras so like maybe have 5 or 6 neons and 3 or 4 guppys. Then maybe a snail or something for algae control. I'm just tossing around ideas I'm not positive what you're looking for exactly.

Also you should invest in a API liquid test kit before buying anymore fish so you can keep your water levels under control. I noticed you had "no" and "n/a" as your answers in your aquarium info and those pieces of information are vital to know before adding fish.
thanks the help

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom