Help treating a weirdly bloated X-Ray tetra?

booksandbettas

Hi all! One of my x-ray ray tetras in a community tank seems to be weirdly bloated, and it's causing they to swim slightly off. Almost like their tail half is too heavy so their top half floats up at an angle and they have to correct. You can see both the bloating and the swimming angle issue in the pics below, as well as the more streamlined shape of one of my "normal" tetras. There is no pine-coning going on, no other symptoms, all the other fish seem to be fine, and all the water parameters are okay (see below). This has been going on for a few weeks, with the fish neither getting worse or better. What could be going on? Are they egg-bound? Is it constipation, a parasite, something else? I tried fasting for 2 days but it didn't make a difference. What should I do, if anything, to treat this? Thank you for any advice!!!

30 gallon / PH 7.8 / Nitrate- 0 / Ammonia- 0 / Nitrate- 10 / KH- 3
I do a 20-30% water change every other week and feed once a day.
Tank also has: various other tetras, endler's livebearers, a bristlenose pleco, an assassin snail, cholla wood, live plants, cuttlebone

Capture.JPG

BigManAquatics

I would try to get some frozen daphnia, may help push anything out of constipated. Otherwise maybe doing epsom salt dips for a few days at about 15-20 mins a shot may help.

booksandbettas

I would try to get some frozen daphnia, may help push anything out of constipated. Otherwise maybe doing epsom salt dips for a few days at about 15-20 mins a shot may help.
Thank you! I'll try the daphnia and the baths. Any idea what it could be?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JamieW75
Replies
Views
elBez
Replies
Views
mimo91088
Replies
Views